Interested in Sustainable Transportation and Logistics? Join us for the meetup to discuss it with top experts
Transport and logistics account for over a quarter of greenhouse gas emissions around the world and plays an essential role in the current climate crisis. Still, for many industry players, it is still hardly uncharted territory. Sustainable transportation and logistics aim to lower the ecological footprint of its tasks, such as CO2 emissions, noise pollution, and accidents. To achieve it suppliers must look for a balance between financial growth, environment care, and the health of society.
Many companies in the sector have set sustainability objectives but typically fall far short of their potential. At the same time, the environmental regulations are becoming more and more strict and transportation and logistics companies must make their tasks increasingly more sustainable to meet these regulations and improve their social responsibility to consumers.
During this Geoawesomeness Digital Meetup we aim to:
- define the broad meaning of sustainability in transportation and logistics
- discuss strategies that industry players have to achieve their sustainability objectives
- understand regulatory aspects and consumer expectations
- analyze most relevant market trends
- discuss what is the role of technology in sustainable transportation and logistics
And we will discuss with a number of great speakers all across the industry from companies such as PwC, DB Schenker, TomTom, and Fernride.
The speakers will include:
- Andrea Shoen – Head of Business Sustainability and Customer Consulting @DB Schenker
- Maciej Starzyk – Vice Director – Transportation and Logistics @PwC
- Anna Nijhuis – Product Marketing Manager – Transportation and Logistics @TomTom
- Roy Matalon – VP Business Development @Fernride
If you haven’t already registered, secure your FREE ticket here.
Geospatial Expert Panel – Eldrige de Melo – 2022 Top 100 Geospatial Companies
Geoawesomeness team is delighted to announce Eldrige de Melo, Director at Satellogic joins us as an expert on the panel for the 2022 Top 100 Geospatial Companies.Eldrige de Melo has been working in the space industry for 8 years. Eldrige started his career as a Satellite operator and has experience in space missions design and commercialization.
He has a vast background in the geospatial sector and has worked with different companies in the industry such as Airbus Defense and Space, French Aerospace Valley, ICEYE and currently he serves as the EMEA Business Development & Sales Director for Satellogic.
About Top 100 Geospatial Companies
Since 2016, Geoawesomeness has been publishing this annual list to enable the community to identify companies across the world working on geospatial topics and to foster collaboration.
In case you’d like to nominate a company, please do so via this form.