As a member of our team, you will develop software to support advances in earth science and prediction to unlock valuable insights. As an engineer, you will use a strong understanding of concurrency, data modeling, and distributed computing to design, build and maintain scalable services.
Your contributions will span many layers, from high-performance virtual file systems and cloud infrastructure to API endpoints and pragmatic client libraries. We require creative solutions that build on the structure and foundation of our platform in order to enable our users to understand their businesses and the world in which we operate.
- Build and maintain tools for low-latency access to petabytes of data
- Implement highly scalable distributed systems in a cloud environment
- Research and design innovative solutions to empower our users
- Improve our infrastructure for the build, test, deploy and monitor lifecycle
- Transition machine learning research into production
- Python (Flask, NumPy, scipy), C++
- Kubernetes, Istio
- Google Cloud Platform
- Microservice architecture, RESTful web services, OpenAPI
- Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL, Datastore, BigQuery
- Git, Bazel, Drone and Spinnaker
- GDAL, S2, Proj4
- Collaboration over ownership
- Iteration over perfection
- Principles over rules
- Discussion over directives
If your experiences and interests match with some of the above, we want you to apply! Nobody is an expert on all or even any parts of our stack. When you join our team, you will deepen and widen your knowledge as you grow with us over the next few years.
Descartes Labs embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.