Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We are seeking hands on candidates who will be deep in code, and are technically strong in localization and mapping algorithms including geometric computer vision, SFM, SLAM, scene reconstruction, and point cloud registration. Prior experience in self-driving or robotics applications is not required. Candidates with extremely strong skills in some areas but weaker in others will be considered with a bias towards strong software engineering skills..
What you’ll do:
- Develop algorithms for localization and mapping using multiple sensory inputs such as camera and LiDAR
- Design and develop SLAM software to run on distributed map production platform
- Design and develop scene reconstruction algorithms for large-scale mapping using images and point clouds
- Work on learning-based approaches to improve our localization and mapping system
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience in C++ coding, and a willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in Modern C++
- Applied skills in all areas of computer vision and robotics perception applicable to autonomous vehicles localization and mapping
- Solid understanding of linear algebra, multi-view geometry, optimization and filtering methods for pose estimation
- Preference for candidates with prior experience in visual/LiDAR/inertial SLAM
- Preference for candidates with hands on experience in real products development and working with complex systems
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.