Glas Data is seeking a software engineer with a minimum 2 years experience to join their team. The successful candidate will be a passionate developer with a flair for creativity and quality, someone who takes pride in the code they write. The role involves working as part of the development team in Glas Data to maintain existing features and build new ones.
Glas Data’s product is an innovative new way to aggregate, present and analyse agricultural data at huge scale. The product is built around the concepts of inclusivity, availability, simplicity and performance. We are looking for a passionate and driven software engineer to help drive this young product into an exciting emerging market.
As well as starting renumeration of £25,000-£32,000, depending on experience, there is opportunity to grow within the company and take on new challenges and responsibilities. We are a flexible company and welcome new ideas, philosophies and work styles.
This role will be based at Glas Data’s office in Penryn, Cornwall. We allow some remote working but require significant time on site.
- Help to architect, build and maintain Glas Data’s core platform
- Develop new and existing feature sets both individually and as part of the development team
- Take part in weekly stand ups and sprint reviews
- Test ALL code
- Help mentor other engineers within the team
- Ensure all software developed is held to the highest quality standards
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with React.js or similar
- Experience with ASPNETCore 2.x or similar
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Experience with AWS (optional)
- Experience with NoSQL database management (optional)
- Experience with Xamarin Forms (optional)
- Experience with TDD and UI testing
- Experience working as part of a team
- Competitive rate commensurate with experience
- An opportunity to work on a new product with a young company
- An opportunity take a significant role within the company and help forge its future
- 10% time to work on own projects
- Weekly fruit box in office
- An opportunity to enjoy the fresh Cornish air, sea and countryside
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Glas Data is an agricultural technology company with one key aim: to unite the technological aspects of food production for the benefit of the entire sector and ultimately, the end consumer. Glas Data’s core product offers an easy-to-use, cloud-based, agricultural management and decision support solution that uniquely enables users to collect their own precision farm data, from any source, put it into one place, and provide them with intuitive aggregation and visualisation tools.
Glas Data’s vision is to empower farmers and increase supply chain efficiency overall by decreasing complexity along the value chain. This will allow data to be exploited to its fullest potential, highlighting opportunities to increase growth and productivity. The 10 year aim is to penetrate all levels of the agricultural supply chain from farms to consumers, bringing traceability and unparalleled analysis to the sector. We are excited to bring technologies such as AI and machine learning to bear in solving some of agriculture’s most pressing problems, and are already working with the world’s most prestigious agricultural research institution on developing predictive algorithms for crop yields. This technology can be highly valuable to financial sectors, such as pre-harvest funding, insurance and commodities trading (quantitive models) and we are already exploring potential in these areas.
Ultimately we’re driven to simplify the world of precision farming and unlock the value of precision data, saving our users time and money whilst improving efficiency and yields.
To apply for this job please visit glas-data.com.