This position reports to the Mapping Sales Manager and involves providing technical support to all mapping customers of Seiler. The position is based in Michigan out of the Wixom or Lansing location.
Duties & Responsibilities (in order of priority):
- Determine and coordinate defective equipment problems and work with the sales rep and customer to rectify the problem. Assist outside sales reps with technical support for pre-sales and post-sales issues.
- Gain and maintain a complete understanding of the technical complexities involved with the products found within the Seiler mapping line.
- Keep up-to-date on mapping products by attending appropriate training classes offered by our vendors. Keep in touch with local user group meetings within the Michigan GIS territory.
- Manage the rental mapping inventory and ensure proper utilization and record keeping of rental equipment.
- Maintain training certification and effectively train customers on GPS hardware and software and perform billable training classes.
- Lead training sessions for the sales team to keep them informed of developments useful to their responsibilities.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in GIS-related field or minimum of two year’s experience working with GIS/GPS technology.
- ESRI background preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of mapping and GIS processes
- Spread sheet and word processing software skills
- Read, interpret and articulate technical information
- Good communication, self-starting, planning and multi-tasking are a must for this position.
- Public speaking ability and organizational skills are a must for this position.
Travel is estimated to be approximately 50% with majority in Michigan and Northern Indiana. Occasional overnight travel is required.
To apply for this job please visit www.seilerinst.com.