Graphicacy, a design and interactive web development studio, is recruiting an entrepreneurial Head of Data Visualization Strategy and Engineering.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a leader with a passion for data visualization. They will be capable of both guiding our developers by setting technical and growth strategies, with a focus on innovative data visualization, while at the same time utilizing their own engineering skills to build and create cutting-edge interactives for Graphicacy’s clients.
We are a small team that works fast — as such, we want to work with people who are forward thinking, self-motivated and excited about new opportunities.
- Lead by example by consistently pushing innovative solutions for a team of engineers; ensuring excellent and beautiful work.
- Maintain a pulse on cutting-edge data visualization and engineering trends.
- Take ownership of technical and development solutions to ensure delivery of superior products and solutions from technical discovery to production.
- Help manage a wide range of overlapping projects, including setting budgets, schedules and milestones to meet client timelines and deliverables.
- Recruit and retain a strong, diverse, entrepreneurial, and mission-driven team.
- Work with Graphicacy’s leadership team (Creative Director, Operations Director) to build and maintain working relationships with existing clients and strive to expand the universe of Graphicacy’s business and client base.
- 5-7 years of relevant data visualization experience, including but not limited to experience with visualizations and web-based interactives, geospatial, and/or visual story-telling.
- Passion for, and experience and interest in data visualization, information graphics and familiarity with a range of full-stack technologies. Graphicacy manages a range of projects built on Angular, Vue, and React.
- Experience managing and growing fast moving teams of full stack developers.
- Experience working with AWS/Azure/Google Cloud a plus.
- Experience with version control.
- Experience with CMS site builds.
- Experience communicating with designers and handling designer assets.
- A proven track record of innovating with an entrepreneurial business acumen.
- A knack for partnering and collaboration with colleagues and team leaders to improve business processes, systems and overall business operationalization.
- Strong strategic thinking, planning, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bonus: Any experience coding, managing and deploying large-scale interactive installations (museums, corporations, public spaces.)
- Bonus: Any experience coding and/or managing AR/VR experiences
- Ideally located in New York or Washington, DC, but other locations to be considered.
Graphicacy is a design and interactive web development studio. We offer clear graphic solutions that help clients tell complex, data-rich stories in visual form. In addition to offering services that meet the needs of specific projects, we are also committed to developing scalable products.
To apply please find more information at Graphicacy.com
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.