Provide cartographic services, spatial analysis, training, technical support, and management of geospatial datasets and customer services to internal and external customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Create and analyze spatial data.
- Update and develop the City’s internal and external web maps that provide important information to City staff as well as taxpayers.
- Create, update, and maintain GIS data layers within the City’s GIS databases.
- Provide GIS technical and analytical support in the preparation of professional studies and reports relating to land use, demography, transportation, utilities, infrastructure, and other related projects.
- Maintain a variety of records pertaining to utility and other public works installations and projects.
- Research records to determine property ownership, address and account information, and obtain other relevant information.
- Attend meetings and/or public information and engagement sessions, as needed, to provide technical support and expertise in explaining GIS mapping and related data analysis.
- Conduct field work as needed or assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered
- Minimum of three years relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles, practices, and methods.
- Experience with water and/or electric utilities GIS is preferred.
- Ability to work closely with other GIS team members to complete projects on time.
- Knowledge of geospatial principles, geography, symbols, and terminology used in civil, architectural, or engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of basic city or regional planning principles, practices, processes, and methods.
- Knowledge of maps, deeds, plats, and plans.
- Knowledge of census and other statistical data sources.
- Knowledge of digitizing and data manipulation procedures for geographic information systems.
- Ability to maintain a variety of technical records and adapt records systems for computerization.
- Ability to research, compile, analyze, and adapt various local, state, and federal spatial, statistical, and attribute records and maintain them so that short and long-term trends may be readily conveyed through mapping or other graphical representations.
- Ability to develop and maintain neat and accurate maps.
- Ability to read and use quarter-section, plat, land use, single line, and aerial maps.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other City employees and the general public.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job
- General office conditions.
- Quiet noise levels.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to talk and listen.
- Must be able to stand, walk, drive, and reach with hands/arms.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer.
- Must have clarity of vision, three-dimensional vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
$17.078-$20.921/hr mininimum to midpoint; commensurate with training and experience Pay Grade C4 Number of Positions Available 1 Deadline to Apply 09/13/2019 Open Until Filled No GIS
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.