Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an experienced Geospatial Data Analyst, to work onsite at Joint Base San Antonio, TX.
We are seeking Geospatial Data Analyst candidates who will be responsible for geospatial data retrieval, manipulation and analysis working alongside a team of geospatial specialists that support GIS needs across the Air Force GeoBase program. Geospatial Data analyst will develop and deploy appropriate geospatial schemas across the AFGIMS enterprise GIS.
- Utilize command line, GUI tools, and wizards for stored procedures, queries, etc. to perform complex data analyses for GIS analysts and program leaders
- Assist enterprise system end users with database, data access, and data editing technical issues and troubleshooting
- Work as part of a fast-paced geospatial team consolidating and analyzing large amounts of data from various sources
- Writing SQL code to automate data extraction, data migration and data comparison efforts
- Working with multiple organizations with various data sets towards communicating information once data are consolidated and analyzed.
- Working within a data warehouse
- Candidate must be a US citizen and eligible to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Must have a bachelor’s degree with two years’ related database and data analyses experience in an enterprise database environment or six years’ related programming and design experience in an enterprise database environment
- Intermediate/advanced workspace design
- Concepts and principles of Extract-Transform-Load (ETL)
- Core understanding of data engineering and warehousing concepts
- Core SQL language understanding
- Concepts and methods for schema/data normalization to 4NF
- Proficiency in designing and building dev and test grade db
- Utilizing dev and test dbs to create resources for Polaris team
- Fundamental understanding of structured data and unstructured data
- Understanding of polymorphism and nested data structures in a SQL and NoSQL models.
- Core syntax and concepts of object oriented programming in Python 2.7 (esri arcmap standard) and 3.6 (esri arcpro standard)
- Intermediate knowledge of standard python library and common libaries for geospatial and statistical computing (numpy, pandas, gdal, geopandas)
- Understanding of OOP Concepts, including objects, classes, methods, inheritance, polymorphism, abstraction, and encapsulation.
- Core understanding of data visualization with python (matplotlib etc…)
- -Core understanding and ability to work with standard datatypes, convert between datatypes, and appropriate data interoperability usecases for spatial and aspatial datatypes.
- – json, geojson, esri proprietary, xml, shapefile
- Experience working with RDBMS such as: Oracle, PostgreSQL (hstore, json2), MySQL, MS SQL Server
- Experience using PowerBI, Tableau or other analytic or BI toolsDesired: experience with the Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) data model
- Extensive previous experience with GIS, geospatial data, and/or ESRI software
- Demonstrated technical writing abilities
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision and work independently once direction is provided
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers and clients (government and military Geographic Information Officers and management staff)
Leading Innovation and Integrity…
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity, and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security, and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn…
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: om/about-us/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: reatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Woolpert provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.