We’re looking for a Director of Federal Business Development to own Cesium’s presence in the federal space, including supporting existing relationships and contracts as well as crafting a strategy to find our next federal strategic partners.
Cesium is already well known in the federal space, with widely recognized users such as the NGA, US Air Force, and the Army, strong partnerships with companies like Vricon and AGI where Cesium serves up their products to their federal clients, and many users of the open source components of Cesium. Your job will be to support these partners and users while looking to expand their use of Cesium and secure new partnerships and opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Support existing federal customers and users to ensure their use of Cesium is successful, and expand it where it makes sense.
- Be the main point of contact for several large new opportunities that we have in the pipeline, supporting the client and working closing with the project manager to ensure the projects are successful.
- Identify, shape, and win new business opportunities, leading out the process from having early conversations, to writing proposals, to talking through technical requirements, to closing the deal.
- Build relationships. The federal space is about the long play. We want you to know everyone, know what they’re working on, bring back to our engineering team how Cesium can best meet current federal needs and strategies, and pitch Cesium and 3D geospatial and what we can bring to federal programs.
- Develop a strategy to acquire more federal sales. We’ll look to you to develop a well rounded strategy to grow our federal presence and make Cesium the leading 3D geospatial solution.
- Work with our marketing team to showcase how federal agencies are and can be using Cesium. Help build demos to show the art of the possible.
- Attend and speak at conferences like GEOINT, SOFIC, and others to advocate for Cesium, and identify what conferences and communities we should focus on.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of business development and sales experience in the federal government with a demonstrated record of revenue generation success. Bonus points for experience in geospatial and/or defense and intelligence.
- A tech savvy business person with a deep understanding of the geospatial ecosystem and how different tools and standards can work together. A preference for someone with experience working as a software developer or other technical job (though not required).
- Ability to quickly learn new technical capabilities and apply them to customer use cases in the federal market.
- Great communication skills. You’ll need to be persuasive, good at explaining a technical product to both a technical and non-technical audience, and able to identify how Cesium can fill both identified and unidentified user needs – both in person and in writing.
- Desire to run autonomously, develop the strategy and script for Cesium in the federal space, and iterate on both as our product evolves and we learn what works.
Cesium is a platform for 3D geospatial data – we enable developers and data providers to build dynamic 3D geospatial applications more easily. 3D data is being collected all around us, nearly all the time. With Cesium, we’re making this 3D data more usable so we can better understand our world. We’ve been building Cesium for 8+ years and it’s production tested with companies like Toyota and Red Bull, government agencies like the NGA, and high traffic events like NORAD’s annual Santa Tracker. We have a growing number of users on our SaaS platform Cesium ion, and are expanding into new industries as fast as we can – with the federal government being a large focus.
This position is based in Philadelphia with regular travel to DC, among other places. We’re open to creative commuting and remote scenarios for the right candidate.
Sound like fun? Email us at email@example.com. We’d love to talk.
Cesium GS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit cesium.com.