We’re looking for a sales leader to build out the entire sales arm of Cesium. This will include designing our sales and pricing strategy, building our sales operations, and hiring and leading a team to support you. You will work next to our CEO and COO.
Cesium is in a unique position in that it’s been a viable product and bringing in revenue for several years. However, we recently spun out from our parent company and are newly independent – meaning we are building our sales function fresh, and on our own for the first time. We have some processes in place, but want to evaluate everything to make sure we’re streamlined, efficient, and have the team and systems in place to grow quickly and take advantage of the strong interest we’re seeing.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Crafting our sales strategy and target industries, and then executing on it.
- Assessing pricing and product strategy with our leadership team.
- Owning revenue generation, burn rate, and overall P&L.
- Building out our sales operations – from Salesforce set up to lead qualification to capturing data on it all. We have great interest and inbounds that we need to take advantage of.
- Recruit and hire a team to support you (while knowing you’ll be rolling up your sleeves to do the work alongside them).
- Coach sales representatives on how to close, how to build smart systems, and ultimately how to sell Cesium.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Technical knowledge, and ideally experience in the geospatial community. Selling Cesium requires a high degree of technical comfortability, and you’ll need to get into the weeds with potential buyers to close deals.
- Successful experience selling in SaaS, open source business models, and/or the geospatial industry
- Customer obsessed.
- Love to pitch.
- Deep knowledge of sales operations, a love of metrics, and a desire to build a data driven operation.
- Proven ability to build from scratch.
- Strong leadership – and mentorship – skills. We’re a young company and value learning. Every day you’ll help teach and train the sales and entire team.
- Experience in a leadership role at a fast growing company, and ideally in an early leadership role at a Series A startup or small team that grew big.
- Numbers to back you up 🙂
Cesium is a platform for 3D geospatial data – we enable developers and data providers to build dynamic 3D geospatial applications more easily. There is 3D data being collected all around us, nearly all the time. With Cesium, we’re making this 3D data more usable so we can better understand our world. We’ve been building Cesium for 8+ years and it’s production tested with companies like Toyota and Red Bull, government agencies like NGA, and high traffic events like NORAD’s annual Santa Tracker. We have a growing number of users on our SaaS platform Cesium ion, and are expanding into new industries as fast as we can.
You’ll join the leadership team next to our CEO Patrick Cozzi, creator of Cesium and a recognized expert in 3D graphics and geospatial technologies, and our soon to be announced COO.
Sound like fun? Email us at email@example.com. We’d love to talk.
Cesium GS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org