As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Our products are engineered on the inside for life on the outside. That means our engineers don’t just create products—they inspire those who put them to the test. They help us bring innovative GPS navigation and wearable technology to the automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and fitness markets. Our products—and their skills—are built using some of the best technology in the industry. With so many ways to use your ingenuity, chances are you’ll do your best work here.
We are looking for a full time Cartography Project Specialist for our Cartography team at our headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. In this role, you’ll manage all aspects of cartography releases as assigned by the Cartography Project Specialist Team Leader, identify all aspects required to bring the initial request to production, Manage the development efforts of the cartography group, including translating market requirements into product requirements, interfacing with other internal or external groups, and monitoring development progress. You will also manage milestones to ensure a successful launch of Cartography products to production and appropriate maintenance releases thereafter, as well as manage product launch activities, including website setup, product packaging, Oracle pricing and back-end setup and support of accessory cards, downloads and map updates. Other essential functions include:
- Collaborate with engineering project managers for product development, launch and lifecycle maintenance, working in close collaboration with engineering, marketing, sales and others as required
- Collaborate with product managers and project managers to coordinate relatively complex projects across multiple product lines and functional areas, managing ongoing action items while tracking and reporting progress
- Utilize independent judgment in organizing all aspects of Cartography Administration as it relates to releasing Cartography products
- Call and manage part numbers based on the Garmin Part Numbering system.
- Create and manage bill of materials and execute Engineering Change Orders
- Identify and ensure all required components for mapping and accessory releases are in line to be delivered on time based on customer or contractual obligations
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university, as well as having 1 to 2 years of working experience. Other qualifications include:
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and to exercise sound independent judgment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Must demonstrate proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability and proven track record in providing excellent customer service
Candidates with familiarity with Corel Draw and Adobe In-Design are highly preferred!
Our benefits, designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life, keep us competitive and allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well-being and future. We offer a choice of healthcare plans—with low or no premiums—which consistently rank in the 90th percentile when compared to other high-tech employers, plus dental and vision plans for you and your family. In addition, our financial benefits rate 82% above the median for technology companies comparable in size. Our 401K retirement plan provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount.
To apply for this job please visit garmin.taleo.net.