BCIT’s Geomatics department is diverse, offering a diploma program, a degree program and an active slate of continuing education courses.
It is currently seeking a temporary, full-time Assistant Instructor to assist in the development and delivery of courses in the diploma program.
The diploma program is at the heart of the department’s activities. It is a broad-based, intensive, two-year program that prepares students for employment as a Geomatics Technologist in a wide range of fields such as construction, natural resources, legal and engineering in both the public and private sectors.
Graduates of the program can be found throughout Western Canada and beyond in a diversity of positions. Instructors and assistant instructors are key to the success of the program through excellence in instruction, close ties with industry and by mentoring and motivating students to succeed.
The successful candidate is expected to assist with the delivery of a number of courses in the diploma program including field surveying and computer aided drafting together with other disciplines such as civil engineering and mining engineering.
temporary, full-time Assistant Instructor Minimum Qualifications : WHAT THIS POSITION HAS TO OFFER :
- A generous Total Compensation package which may include a competitive pension plan.
- Subsidized parking and fitness facilities.
- A minimum of four years of related experience in the Geomatics industry.
- A related Diploma of Technology or Bachelor’s Degree in Geomatics or equivalent.
- Knowledge of field surveying methods and equipment including levels, total stations, and GNSS receivers along with related data processing software.
- Demonstrable communication skills, interpersonal skills and strong problem solving skills.
- Post-secondary teaching experience is an asset.
To apply for this job please visit neuvoo.ca.