> Job board > Offer
VP, Offer Management
ORBCOMM is the market leader in IoT solutions focused on monitoring and controlling dry and reefer container assets for global shipping and logistics companies. We differentiate from our competitors by providing complete, end-to-end solutions with tightly integrated hardware and software components to offer our customers complete visibility as to the location and disposition of their valuable cargo assets. Our award-winning platform was recently selected for the largest global deployment of supply chain monitoring for a major European shipping company, with an asset fleet exceeding 600K containers. With several other large pilots in place, our business in this strategic market is expected to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We are seeking an industry veteran and seasoned business leader who has proven capability to extract value from world leading solutions and who enjoys building compelling new offers to capture business growth through existing and emerging markets. A person who thinks, speaks, and acts as the CEO of their business, driving organizational alignment and maximizing resources to achieve significant, profitable growth while providing differentiated customer experiences. An offer leader focused on customers while driving the bottom line, willing to roll up their sleeves to make a high business impact for ORBCOMM.
In return, this leader has the opportunity to be a leader in an established, high growth company that leverages very interesting and customer valued technologies, and gets to collaborate with seasoned, energetic professionals across the broader organization.
- Value Extraction: You will have good domain knowledge and deep understanding and continual interaction with existing and new customers to determine what is valued and what is not. You will translate this into new value that ORBCOMM will offer in its products, platform, services, and partnerships in the future.
- Business Acumen: You will apply good business acumen to define business case for investment, highlighting the extracted value (i.e., return on investment) and execute towards this plan.
- Partnerships: You will forge external partnerships to improve the value of our offering and seek to create a networking effect from the ORBCOMM Maritime Platform.
- Roadmap Planning: You will develop comprehensive product plans which incorporate customer, partner, and general industry-related requirements, define the competitive arena, and establish the objectives, strategies, and actions required to achieve business goals.
- Requirements Specification: You will prioritize and manage the scope of each product release to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget, while balancing the needs of various organizations, including marketing, sales, business development, engineering, support, finance, and operations.
- Competitive Analysis: You will collect and incorporate up-to-date competitive intelligence into your product roadmap plan to crush the competition while identifying emerging opportunities in the container and port business.
- Cross-Team Leadership: You will be the internal and external authority and advocate for your assigned products. You will be the main interface to Engineering for requirements definition and release planning. You will also collaborate with marketing on various fronts, including coordinated product / release launches, new marketing initiatives, etc.
- Commercial Relationships: You will develop trusted relationships with strategic customers and technology partners to continually understand and develop market requirements and assess competitive risks and opportunities.
- Solution Optimization and Scalability: You will focus on delivering solutions that maximize revenue while achieving maximum efficiency and scalability.
- Marketing Support: You will work closely with Marketing and the Director of Product Management in defining the positioning and messaging via sales collateral, sales training, and customer communications and be responsible for educating the entire value-chain within ORBCOMM and intended customers on the value proposition and intended use for new capabilities.
- Customer and Sales Support: Provide product expertise to customers/prospects in support of marketing, sales and implementation activities as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong business acumen with knowledge of profit/loss, EBITDA, recurring revenue and more.
- Minimum of 7 years product management or equivalent experience delivering software, software as a service, hardware products, or high-technology products, preferably related to the Internet-of-Things (IoT).
- Minimum of 5 years product, program, and/or project management experience in leading cross-functional teams in delivery of major new products or services.
- Ideally deep domain experience in Internet of Things as it applies to shipping, ports and related.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to quickly negotiate and reach consensus across diverse groups/teams a must.
- Significant experience translating customer, market, and general business requirements into cohesive product plans and requirements with thought-out go-to-market plan to maximize rapid customer adoption and revenue.
- Must possess a collaborative working style and thrive in a team environment.
- Energetic self-starter with ability to work independently in a competitive and fast-paced environment. Strong work ethic is critical.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Collaborative and inspiring leadership style that naturally motivates team members to be their best.
- Position requires local and international travel to customer and non-customer sites (25%).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
What we would love to see from you before or during an interview:
- An inspiring portfolio representing the offers you have driven and business units you have directly contributed to growth in market share, revenue, and profit.
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORBCOMM is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM is a pioneer in IoT technology, empowering customers with insight to make data-driven decisions that help them optimize their operations, maximize profitability and build a more sustainable future. With 30 years of experience and the most comprehensive solution portfolio in the industry, ORBCOMM enables the management of over a million assets worldwide for a diverse customer base spanning transportation, supply chain, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources and government. For more information about how ORBCOMM is driving the evolution of industry through the power of data, visit www.orbcomm.com.