> Job board > Offer
Sr. Software Engineer (SMU/RAS/SAS)
NextNav is a leader in next generation 3D GPS - providing floor-level vertical location to enable a whole new ecosystem of applications and services. NextNav's Pinnacle technology, available in more than 4400 cities and towns across the United States, delivers highly accurate vertical positioning to transform location services, reflect the 3D world around us, and support innovative, new capabilities including supporting first responders to helping to shape the metaverse. NextNav’s TerraPoiNT network delivers accurate, reliable, and resilient positioning, navigation and timing (PNT) services on a terrestrial network to support critical infrastructure and other GPS-reliant systems in the absence or failure of GPS. NextNav started trading on the NASDAQ on October 29, 2021, and are growing rapidly. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing, future-forward technology that is fundamentally shaping how we experience the world around us.
In this position as a Senior Software Engineer, the employee will work on developing software for IOT/embedded devices. The employee will work in an agile style development environment focused on streamlined deliveries of prototype/production software in close collaboration with product/program management, QA, field trial and operational teams. The employee should be comfortable working under tight schedules in an interactive development environment. The employee should be a fast learner, a good problem solver able to write self-explained and maintainable OOD style code.
- Develop IOT/embedded device software for NextNav’s beacons and altitude stations.
- Contribute to requirement review and analysis.
- Support NOC (Network Operations Center) and Operation team in managing NextNav infrastructure.
- Develop software using TDD concepts.
- Ability to start projects from scratch as well as maintaining and improving the performance of existing software.
- Multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors/Masters in computer science or related field
- 3+ years embedded software working experience with embedded devices such as IOT.
- Excellent C/C++ programing skills
- Excellent embedded coding techniques including memory and MIPS analysis.
- Knowledge of modern OS coding techniques, IP protocols, networking, and hardware interfaces
- Strong understanding of OOPS concept in managing device software for difference device types
- Experienced in troubleshooting embedded systems including hands-on in the lab.
- Experience with Linux including understanding of device drivers, writing shell scripts, python scripts.
- Experience working with source control and build environments.
- Familiarity with embedded microcontrollers and RTOS bring up.
- Familiarity interfacing with evaluation boards (such as GPS, IMU, pressure sensors) using UART/I2C/SPI protocols.
- Familiarity with remote provisioning, management, alarm monitoring of devices using protocols such as SNMP, Zabbix
- Familiarity with IOT cloud environment
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Ancillary insurance
- 401k + 5% safe harbor match
- 15 PTO days per year, increases by years of company tenure
- $138k - $169k base salary
- Equity awards (vary by position)
- Year-end bonuses (vary by position)
This role is also eligible for participation in annual cash bonus and equity grants. The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, such as the candidate's skills and experience, and other business considerations.
NextNav provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.