> Job board > Offer
Sr Software Engineer
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us. Watch Video
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (JAVA) would be a part of Professional Services - Global Solution Engineering.
You will be tasked with evolving and maintaining HERE Automotive SDK and associated backend services; an SDK that offers functionality on various domains: Routing, Rendering, Search, System, Traffic, Guidance used to enable in-car navigation use cases. Will be required to understand evolving business processes, new demand to create efficient end to end process/solution design for customer/data operations which caters to internal and external customers.
Responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations develop, document & execute process/engineering solution for new/existing processes/solution/ products as the case may be. Individual must be able to assess incomplete/ malformed design requirements and develop a course of solution/action to meet the expectations of all critical stakeholders.
- Configure, Run, Monitor and improve performance assuring the highest customer availability.
- Adapt services to other backend API changes and technological upgrades Maintain and increase code quality, while ensuring best engineering practices Software Engineering - Design, Test, and implement software systems that optimize all phases of the data operations process and new solution designs.
- Perform requirements analysis, understand the business requirements, and design and develop optimized and customized customer solutions.
- Research and development - Be involved in research and development activities to understand and identify the product requirements aligned with HERE’s vision and business needs.
- Analyze completed prototype, pilot, and scaled projects to identify gaps to address further requirements or specification issues and communicate to relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience
- 5+ years of experience with substantial experience in cloud development projects Should have strong programming skills in relevant languages
- SOLID software design principles and the following experience - Extensive experience in Java and some knowledge in at least one of these programming languages: C++, Python, Go, Scala
- Excellent understanding of optimization and performance issues
- Experience developing HTTP REST services and full-stack web applications
- Knowledge of databases like SQL.
- Knowledge of security principles
- Basic knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD methods, AWS / S3 (cloud).
- Excellent collaborative skills, spoken English, and experience in multi-cultural and multi-site working environments is a big plus
- Analytical approach and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead detailed process analysis
- Having the following skills would be an added advantage:
- Knowledge of location-based services such as mapping, navigation, GPS
- Experience deploying applications using Kubernetes
- OpenAPI 3.0 specification
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.