> Job board > Offer
Software Engineer Geospatial Visualization and Mapping
Added: May 6, 2022
Job SummaryJoin our small, talented Mapping Team responsible for developing software tools for accessing, visualizing, and analyzing geospatial data. Help develop the next generation of these tools to include cutting-edge 2-D and 3-D map visualization and enable exciting new workflows for processing, customizing, and analyzing geospatial data from multiple sources.
- Be responsible for the full software life-cycle from requirements gathering and design, to coding
- Collaborate with team members to produce high-quality, performant code that is robust, efficient, and easy to maintain and extend
- Design, develop, and document APIs to enable representation, processing, analysis, and visualization of raster and vector geospatial data
- Interface and collaborate with other software teams developing geographic-based tools and features
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with object oriented design
- Experience with Mathematics
- Experience in a quantitative Earth-based discipline such as geophysics, geodesy, or geomatics, including work with GPS data
- Knowledge of 3-D math and geometry
- Experience with MATLAB