> Job board > Offer
Senior Software Development Engineer
SatSure is a deep tech, decision Intelligence company that works primarily at the nexus of agriculture, infrastructure, and climate action creating an impact for the other millions, focusing on the developing world. We want to make insights from earth observation data accessible to all.
SatSure is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer interested in building, scaling, and operating geospatial software platforms to support state-of-the-art products, these products need to scale to millions of daily transactions with 99.99% uptime while allowing continuous and rapid deployments across new business lines.
If you are interested in working in an environment that focuses on the impact on society, driven by cutting-edge technology, and where you will be free to work on innovative ideas and be creative with no hierarchies, SatSure is the place for you.
Roles and Responsibilities
Engineering Planning & Design
- Designing highly scalable and secure geospatial backend platforms for web and mobile applications.
- Supporting product team in facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning and retrospective meetings.
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders, project managers and other developers regarding progress on the long-term technology roadmap.
- Coordinate with different teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Building, scaling, and operating geospatial software platforms to support products.
- Collaborating with the product managers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Produce quality code, raising the bar for the whole team on quality and speed.
- Optimize applications for minimum latency and high scalability
- Defining career paths for team members and helping them grow with regular coaching and mentoring.
- 4-6 years of working experience in software development.
- Proficient experience implementing, troubleshooting, and maintaining APIs for mobile and web applications using Python and databases like PostgreSQL.
- Experience with core web-enabling technologies on cloud infrastructure providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum or Agile frameworks such as Kanban, Crystal, etc.
- Candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in CS or IT
- Opportunity to work on a unique and futuristic cutting-edge technology stack.
- Freedom to work on innovative ideas and be creative with no hierarchy barriers.
- Best-in-class leave policy.
- Additional allowances for learning, skill development, broadband, medical insurance cover, etc.