> Job board > Offer
Senior Program Manager, Constellation Software Development
Senior Program Manager, Constellation Software Development
BlackSky is a real-time intelligence company. We own and operate the world's most advanced space-based intelligence platform and provide customers satellite imagery, automated analytics and high-frequency monitoring of strategic locations, economic assets and events from around the globe. BlackSky is trusted by the most demanding allied military and intelligence organizations and commercial companies to deliver foresight into critical matters that affect national security and the economy. BlackSky's data enables governments and businesses to see, understand and anticipate change as it happens, giving them the ultimate strategic advantage so they can act quickly. Our global team works with cutting-edge technology to make a difference around the world and prides itself on being people-first, customer-focused and fun.
BlackSky is looking for a software specialized program manager support the development of our collection management system. The ideal candidate will work across software, space and ground teams, to develop concrete feature and execution strategies that improve our collection management systems. As a key member of the team, this role partners with our systems engineering, software, and algorithm development subject matter experts to develop concrete implementation and test plans for a collection management and image planning system that is actively supporting customers. Ability to prioritize and handle competing requirements is a must with a keen eye to distill technical constraints and find opportunities. As a key member of the collection management team and a leader, you will work across communications, software, test, and infrastructure engineering disciplines.
The ideal candidate excels in an environment of competing priorities and has an instinctive ability to distill complex technical challenges into goals and directives that motivate a team and drive actionable results. The role is responsible for crafting requirements and performance metrics from top level plans for the core elements of the BlackSky constellation software system. This position requires an independent thinker who is consistently striving to learn, grow, and lead. This role will require the ability to present and hold teams accountable for plans for engineering managers and executives.
This role is hybrid and expected to be in the Seattle Office a minimum of two times per week and as needed to support development activities. We may also consider remote candidates in certain states on a case-by-case basis.
- Serve as a liaison between technical and business teams to drive the strategic development of the BlackSky constellation software system for command and control and collection management in line with key business requirements.
- Collaborate internally to communicate, commit, and report on new development efforts and sustainment efforts to keep the collection management system needed to support the constellation and customer commitments.
- Exercise ownership over the integrated master schedule for Collection Management and G&C Software, aligning milestones to business imperatives and showing progress against interim capabilities. Coordinate with functional team leads to allocate proper SW and engineering resources to IMS projects and efforts.
- Serve to coordinate and distill highly technical and evolving requirements associated with the software performance, and system design into objective metrics for the team to track and perform against.
- Maintain Software Development Roadmaps and work to integrate planning into JIRA.
- Evaluate, author, develop, and present detailed project plans for integrated release and test schedules and lead the cadence for the team’s agile workflow.
- Collaborate internally to communicate, commit and champion new development efforts and feature requests and sustainment efforts to keep the system uptime performance needed to support the constellation. Formulate relationships with internal customer groups and manage the roadmap for new feature development.
- Support internal teams with developing test plans, tracking and validating the ground control software performance.
- Keep leadership informed of key issues that may impact project completion, budget, or other results.
- Support, define, and track the integrated software and test development plans with collaboration from Software Engineering Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, computer science, software engineering, or other technical discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with project management in agile efforts with integrated software deliverables.
- Experience managing and developing from the ground up detailed budgets, technical schedules, and developing resourced plans for agile teams.
- Minimum of 5-8 years relevant experience program managing or functional management.
- Experience working with complex systems with highly integrated dependencies.
- Experience working with integrated product teams.
- Possess exceptional team leadership and inter-team cooperation and organization skills.
- Scrum, sprint, or JIRA competency.
- Project management qualifications such as PMP, Scrum Master etc.
- Possess strong team leadership and inter-team cooperation and organization skills.
- Experience with software systems and management of software development efforts with critical dependencies in a production environment.
- Knowledge of or experience with ground stations, satellites, antennas, telecommunications, networking, or other similar industries a plus.
Life at BlackSky for full-time benefits eligible employees includes :
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, group term life and AD&D, voluntary life, and AD&D insurance
- BlackSky pays 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental and vision and contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses!
- 15 days of PTO, 11 Company holidays, four Floating Holidays (pro-rated based on hire date), one day of paid volunteerism leave per year, parental leave and more.
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Employer matching donations
- Professional development
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome swag
The anticipated salary range for candidates in Seattle, WA is $120,000-$140,000 per year. The final compensation package offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on specific background and education. BlackSky is a multi-state employer, and this pay scale may not reflect salary ranges in other states or locations outside of Seattle, WA.
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf