> Job board > Offer
Senior Hardware Integration Engineer
Job Title: Senior HW Integration Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, USA
Reports To: Vice President, Hardware Engineering
Position Summary: This position is for a Senior HW Integration Engineer working on NextNav Beacon and Receiver products by designing, implementing, integrating, and verifying the hardware design.
· Work with 3rd party vendors and consultants for development of digital/RF products including component selection, board design, layout, manufacturing, and assembly of the product.
· Lead the hardware bring up and integration of the product.
· Work closely with the firmware and software teams for functional testing of the product.
· Have ability to understand, manage and modify scripts/programs for lab automation, bring up and integration testing.
Education, Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience (7 years with a BS degree) with at least one complete product design lifecycle exposure (from initial board design to final integration in product)
- Able to perform/guide/review schematic, layout, (Orcad, Altium, Mentor PCB tools) and component selection of digital and RF boards.
- Experience with board bring-up, debug, and minor rework
- Experience with supporting FW/SW loading and integration with the HW designs
- Experience in lab testing, bring-up and debugging of
o power sections – good understand of switching/linear regulators
o Clocking, PLL based clock generation and clock distribution
o FPGAs – good understanding of programming modes of FPGAs
o Memory Interfaces – including DDR2/DDR3, serial and parallel Flash devices
o Processors – Understand of booting modes, reset and clocking requirements of ARM based processors
o Troubleshooting of RS232, RS485 serial, I2C, SPI and Ethernet interfaces
- Familiar with RF characterization techniques of high-power transmitters and high-sensitivity receiver sub systems.
- Well versed in use and function of lab equipment like Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers for debugging, measurement, and characterization of interfaces
- Worked on GPS positioning and timing systems and understanding of GPS messaging protocols.
- Experience with RF front end design such as Mixers, LNA, RF Filters, PAs.
- Experience with product enclosure design and mechanicals.
- Experience with on board antenna structures and interfaces