> Job board > Offer
Senior Developer Relations Engineer
IQGeo is seeking a Senior Developer Relations Engineer to enable our customers and partners to build new solutions on top of our award-winning geospatial platform. You will be the first developer relations staff member IQGeo has ever had, so this is an opportunity to be “in at the ground level” and craft what this function will do. Our objective is to enable partners and customers to become self-sufficient when developing on top of our geospatial platform: to do that, we need to evangelize, educate, and advocate for them.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://iqgeo.bamboohr.com/careers/114 .
Achieving universal broadband equity and meeting net zero carbon emissions are two of the biggest social and environmental challenges that the IQGeo team is tackling. To achieve this, more than 500 innovative telecommunications and utility companies around the world are “building better networks” using our award-winning geospatial software to deploy the fiber optic and distributed energy networks of the future. We play a vital role in helping utilities plan, design, construct and maintain the complex network assets essential to the success of our businesses and well-being of our communities. As a carbon neutral software company, we invite creative and talented people to join us in our mission to transform communication and utility networks for the long-term sustainability of our shared planet.
Our Engineering teams are in Cambridge (UK), Denver (USA), Salt Lake City (USA), and Ghent (Belgium) and are responsible for designing and developing our geospatial products which are available both as cloud services and for on-premises deployment. You will be helping to develop the next generation of innovative geospatial products that support mission-critical operations for our global customer base.
As an integral part of the Engineering team, you will develop custom content on the IQGeo Platform and applications and support customers and partners who extend our products. Your responsibilities will include:
• Create code samples to illustrate how to build on the platform.
• Create and maintain developer documentation.
• Work closely with our engineering teams to define improvements to our APIs/plugin interfaces.
• Build and deliver generic and custom training material to be used by IQGeo partners and customers.
• Create videos explaining how to properly extend the IQGeo Platform and applications.
• Attend relevant industry events.
• Produce content such as blog posts and webinars.
Required Skills & Experience
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic individuals with a strong technical background in general enterprise software engineering with the following skills:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to present technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Comfortable using and explaining APIs to other developers.
• Willing to learn: our customers and partners will bring a whole variety of systems to integrate with.
• Self-starter: we don’t have a developer relations team today. You’ll need to create the strategy and determine what to do first.
• UK citizenship or permanent residency required.
• Intermediate experience working in a developer relations/community manager role.
• Experience of giving talks at industry/developer events.
• Experience preparing and delivering technical training courses.
• Experience with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) or web mapping.
• An understanding of open-source licenses.
• Experience within the telecommunications and utilities industries.
• Experience working with Docker containers.
• Experience using Git or other distributed version control systems.
• Experience working in cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
• Experience in SQL and RDBMS technologies (PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite, or similar)
• Experience with Linux system architecture/administration.
• Experience integrating front-end and back-end components.
• Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent industry experience.
Work Permits & Visas
You must already have the right to work permanently in the United Kingdom.
IQGeo is not able to sponsor work permits.
We support hybrid and flexible working arrangements for all employees. We understand that life for many people involves school runs, care giving, or exercising!
What's In It For You
- 25 days of paid holiday, with the opportunity to purchase further days up to a total of 30.
- Charity/Volunteering day each year.
- Company-matched pension contributions of up to 6% base salary.
- Private medical insurance.
- Health cash plan.
- Company life assurance (4x gross salary).
- Incapacity benefit.
- Enhanced maternity leave policy.
- EV company car scheme (salary sacrifice).
- Cycle scheme (salary sacrifice).
- Give as you earn charity scheme.
If you're a recruiter/agency: please do not send unsolicited CVs: they will be deleted. We only work with agencies on our PSL, and are not looking to expand it. Thanks!
IQGeo™ is based in Cambridge, UK with regional offices in the United States, Canada, Belgium, Germany, and Japan. We are supported by a global network of highly skilled partners. Originally founded as Ubisense Ltd in 2002, the IQGeo brand was launched in January 2019 after the company was split into two separate businesses. Led by a team of geospatial technology pioneers, the IQGeo Platform software was first launched in 2010 and has an impressive pedigree in the telco, communications, and utility industries.