> Job board > Offer
Satellite Development Program Manager
Satellite Development Program Manager
LeoStella is a state-of-the-art small satellite design and manufacturing company based in the Seattle area. At LeoStella, we are redefining how high-quality satellite constellations are built at scale. Our focus is on developing and using intelligent and agile engineering and manufacturing processes to accelerate the development and production of small-sat constellations, all while lowering costs and increasing on-orbit capabilities.
The work we do at LeoStella is helping organizations and markets change the world by removing the barriers to building satellite constellations. This is an opportunity to join a collaborative, high performing team focused on changing the paradigm in satellite development and production!
LeoStella is looking for an experienced aerospace program manager to own customer delight and internal team execution from vehicle proposals through serial production of spacecraft. The ideal candidate will thrive on leading a team from pre-contract and specification to delivery of production satellites. This is a rare opportunity to start at the beginning of the program and lead the cross-functional team to delivery of the product.
- Deliver to customer expectations from proposals through satellite delivery.
- Manage often evolving and ambiguous customer needs and triage customer change requests as product advocate.
- Create program schedule and lead internal cross-functional team from kick off to initial production delivery.
- Provide the customer deliverables such as specification compliance, schedule, program reviews, and design reviews.
- Track progress against development schedule, remove constraints, and identify risk mitigation plans to maintain program schedule.
- Manage customer and partner company communications in compliance with export control.
- Coordinate and resolve cross-functional trade studies to meet requirement while maintaining target cost. Disciplines include systems engineering, mechanical, thermal, electrical, software, ADCS, RF, GNC, production, and supply chain.
- Develop and maintain a program staffing plan/forecast consistent with program budget and work with organizational leadership to ensure program is staffed to plan.
- Use and maintain company tools for task management, schedule maintenance, ERP planning - example JIRA, Confluence, IMS, ERP workflows
- Lead and maintain program quality assurance plan, metrics, and root cause corrective action.
- Create, own, and maintain executive program dashboards using program office methodology and templates.
- Ability to work self-directed, seeking out issues; small and large problems alike - rather than being told where to look.
- Demonstrated product development leadership skills with an emphasis on aero or space products.
- Strong ability to manage a diverse team of engineers, suppliers, and production teams and achieve technical agreement both internally and within customer teams
- B.S. in a relevant technical field – advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of engineering design or development experience in a related aerospace industry
- 5+ years’ experience in program management of life-cycle development resulting in hardware shipments.
- Must be a U.S. Person
- Up to 25% travel (post-COVID travel restrictions) to customer and/or suppliers
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation range is $160-205K + 10+% target bonus
- Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case by case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
- Base salary is one part of your total rewards package - you may also be eligible for up to 10+% potential bonuses. Additional employee benefits are detailed below as well.
- Employee Benefits include:
- Employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- 401(k) with up to 3% company match
- Paid parental leave and maternity-disability leave
- Paid Time Off and Flexible Schedule: You may accrue 156 hours of paid time off per year, in addition to 8 company holidays. You may also have the choice to take Flexible Friday off every other week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. EEO is the Law Poster .