> Job board > Offer
Research Analyst, Soft Commodities
Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
Gro is looking for a Research Analyst to join our team. This person will bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise in the domain of soft commodities to conduct analysis, write reports, and help our internal and external customers solve complex and challenging problems.
What You'll Do
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data about market fundamentals to forecast trends in coffee, cocoa, and sugar
- Write analytical insights on topics related to food and agriculture
- Work with Gro clients to forecast risk to crop supplies
- Collaborate with data scientists to develop production and demand models
- Identify sources of coffee, cocoa, sugar, and cotton data for Gro clients and users
- Work closely with product and engineering teams in the design and implementation of new features as well as solving technical obstacles related to data sources
- Travel for client visits, conferences, meetings
- Collaborate with the business development team on client-specific projects
- Keep abreast of industry-related news
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of analyst and/or research experience in one or more of the following domains: coffee, cocoa, and sugar domain; including economy, production, sourcing and procurement
- Passion for, and expertise in, the soft commodities domain
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation abilities
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to perform and synthesize quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Broad knowledge of agricultural data sources and uses
- Ability to work independently against tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members across functional roles
Nice to Have
- Analyst and/or research experience in cotton
- Coding/data manipulation skills, ideally in Python
- Proficiency in a second language
The salary range for this role is expected to be $125,000 - $150,000. Other compensation for the role includes equity, 20 days of PTO, 2 floating holidays, as well as health, vision & dental insurance.
Gro is hybrid: employees work three days in-office and choose the days which work best for them.