> Job board > Offer
Remote Sensing LiDAR Specialist
WithersRavenel is looking for people who are passionate about collaboration, community, and client success. Your reward for sharing your talent with us? OWNERSHIP . As a 100% employee-owned company, every employee is an owner—which adds a powerful and unique dimension to our vibrant company culture and purposeful work.
The Remote Sensing LiDAR Specialist utilizes advanced software technologies to perform processing and data analysis tasks in order to support Geomatics projects. This Specialist level position is expected to be majority office based but may have occasional field responsibilities related to photogrammetry, LiDAR, UAS/drone, 3D laser scanning, hydrographic survey as well as ground-based survey principles such as GNSS and total station survey.
This is a hybrid position. Candidates must live within a commutable distance to one of our North Carolina offices.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Acts as an office specialist for processing/creating/analyzing geospatial data for aerial and terrestrial LiDAR and photogrammetry projects.
- Occasional role as field technician for supplementing crew staff on GNSS, drones, and other data collection equipment for topographic survey and photogrammetry projects.
- Working with point clouds in various formats for digitizing and creating Geomatics datasets for survey and design projects
- Utilize software packages such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, Carlson CAD, Leica Cyclone-3DR, MicroStation, TopoDOT
- Performing CAD mapping tasks using software packages above to combine Remote Sensing and conventional survey datasets
- Creating deliverables for internal and external survey projects
- Communicate with Geomatics PM/PLS on processes and procedures for creating datasets
- Take direction from the Group Director as well as Geomatics Project Managers for daily tasking, project planning, deliverable generation
- Read and interpret engineering plans, operate, and maintain complex precision surveying instruments.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Remote Sensing technology: GNSS, LiDAR, Photogrammetry
- 10+ years in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, TopoDOT, or combination
- ASPRS certifications in LiDAR or other Remote Sensing technologies a plus
- FAA Part 107 Pilot Certification is a plus
The work is performed primarily in an office environment with occasional outdoor tasks in such areas as landfills, construction sites, in swamps, residential neighborhoods, roadway work zones and wooded areas.
To perform the essential functions of the job, incumbents may be required to perform moderately strenuous tasks, such as including lifting and carrying instruments weighing up to 50 pounds over rough terrain.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
WithersRavenel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military service, or other non-merit factors protected by federal, state, or local laws. At WithersRavenel, we strive to build and nurture a culture where diversity, inclusivity, and belonging are a normal part of doing business, not an initiative. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. By hiring highly talented people who align with our Core Values, we continue to enrich and broaden our ownership community, as well as the employee and client experience. This purposeful approach to diversity and inclusion leads to greater commitment, collaboration, and effectiveness in our culture, work, and lives.