> Job board > Offer
What do we do?
ReOrbit strives to shape the future of the space economy. Our vision is to build the foundation for the next generation of space applications by transforming how satellites are designed and manufactured from today’s rigid single-use satellites into autonomous, connected, and reconfigurable systems. We want to develop the infrastructure for seamless data flow in space or to and from the ground. We, therefore, provide small satellites based on our software-defined platforms which are optimised for high data transfer capacity. We are a system integrator, using our software technologies to cost-efficiently manufacture satellites. Our services range from mission and spacecraft design to integration and qualification, as well as integration with launch and ground segment services. Today we are a rapidly growing company and building a very strong multidisciplinary team to support our activities. We are headquartered in Helsinki, Finland with subsidiaries in Stockholm, Sweden and Bariloche, Argentina.
Working at ReOrbit
At ReOrbit, we are focused on building a strong team as we believe nothing can be accomplished without innovative, humble and curious minds working together on a common goal. We’re all about fostering an inclusive, dynamic environment where equality and diversity are our strength. Our structures are designed thoughtfully, and titles reflect the work we do. As a team, we value open communication, facts and evidence instead of speculation, and trust as we want to ensure everyone feels safe and secure to voice their opinions and speak their minds. We believe in this supportive environment to be a driver of innovation and collaboration. In other words, making a difference.
About this role
We are looking for a motivated Project Manager to lead the delivery of space missions and project-related bid inputs. This will include working with talented teams and external customers and managing a portfolio of activity across the company. This role is based in Helsinki, Finland, and offers an exciting opportunity to contribute toward an expanding Programmes function and to grow together with ReOrbit on its upward trajectory.
Project management leadership of space missions and bid activities across ReOrbit, working closely with the Engineering and Business Development teams. In particular:
- Defining and managing project scope and deliverables
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive project plan
- Allocating and managing project resources, including personnel, equipment and budget
- Monitoring project schedules
- Identifying and mitigating potential risks and issues
- Effectively communicating project status, progress and challenges to stakeholders
- Drafting in technical and financial reporting
- Overseeing the procurement
- Facilitating collaboration and coordination among diverse team members
- Coordinating bid activities across the company
Skills & Requirements
- 2 years of project management experience on space-related projects, or in an equivalent engineering-based delivery environment is a must
- Evidence of delivering projects to schedule and budget, including aspects such as customer management, schedules, risk management, financial control, etc
- Motivated and eager to contribute, learn, and grow with ReOrbit as a company and team
- Challenging but rewarding environment – you will thrive if you are always reflecting on how to make things better. Your ideas will be heard
- Ambitious and supportive network of people, who are motivated to change the space industry, bringing expertise from both classic and new space
- Flexibility in working hours & remote work. You can choose your ways of working, so that is enjoyable for you. You thrive, we thrive
- Chance to make lasting impacts and grow together with ReOrbit on its upward trajectory. You will steer your own career path and have an opportunity to contribute to shaping the workplace
Join us in our journey of transforming technology and enabling space applications of our current and future society where efficiency, sustainability and security are unlocked to their full potential! Please, submit your application as soon as possible - we are excited to hear from you and can’t wait to discover your unique skills and experiences.
For agencies: We do not accept unsolicited CVs for our open vacancies. Any CV sent to our team unsolicited will reserve us the right to pursue a candidate without obligation to the sender. All candidate submissions must be conducted through our official channels and in accordance with our terms of engagement.