> Job board > Offer
EnviroScience, Inc., headquartered in Stow, Ohio, with additional offices in Tennessee and Virginia, is a niche provider of environmental consulting services. We employ over 150 highly skilled and technical employees that develop unique, cost-effective solutions for our clients’ environmental, infrastructure and regulatory needs.
Our clients repeatedly choose EnviroScience because of our technical expertise, client advocacy, high quality work, and outstanding reputation with regulators and industry executives.
EnviroScience (ES) is seeking to add a Professional Engineer (PE) with civil design experience to our team of highly respected engineers and scientists. Our ideal candidate will take an active role in a fast-paced, multifaceted area of design including environmental restoration and stormwater design.
This position requires a hands-on trailblazer with knowledge in development of Stream and Wetland Restoration, H&H Analysis, Site Grading and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans. This position will be accountable for:
- Performing desktop assessments and analysis including watershed hydrology, open channel hydraulics, river and floodplain modelling/permitting
- Grading and volumetric calculations
- Developing detailed design plans in collaboration with a design team and project management; QA/QC of plan drawings: Development of quantity take-offs and opinions of probable cost
- Supporting project managers to keep projects on schedule and on budget
- Completing due diligence for engineering projects to ensure planning, development and construction are following all applicable city/state/federal codes and regulations, and according to all acceptable engineering practices.
- Direct communication with clients and regulators
Position and Personal Qualifications
Having a strong desire to improve the environment while working as a client advocate is at the core of what we do. The ideal candidate for this position would be a design minded, environmentally focused individual with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state of Ohio, preferred; Minimum 5 years experience in Civil Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D for civil engineering-related projects including stormwater and grading.
- Demonstrated experience with HEC-RAS; Experience with Hydraflow, PCSWMM, and other hydraulic and hydrologic modeling software a plus.
- Experience in surface water hydrology and open-channel hydraulics; Understanding of river morphology a plus.
- Experience with site civil design, erosion control and stormwater design.
- Ability to work independently, self-critique work, and multi-task regularly in a fast-paced environment with multiple changes; accepting responsibility for critical work products and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to understand and follow complex written and oral instructions and the ability to clearly communicate information both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental personnel, management, contractors, consultants and the general public.