> Job board > Offer
Pre-Commercial Thinning Technician (Clearing Saw Operator)
GIS LABS is a professional GIS consulting services company located in Nova Scotia. We provide a range of services including QA/QC measuring, data and processes automation, mapping, cartographic support, air photo interpretation, and database management to our clients.
This is a full-time on-site role as a Pre-Commercial Thinning Technician (Clearing Saw Operator) located in Guysborough, NS - remote forest locations. The role will involve the day-to-day operation of a clearing saw to perform pre-commercial thinning in forests. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring safety measures are adhered to and the thinning operation is performed efficiently and effectively. They will also be responsible for ensuring equipment is maintained and inspected on a regular basis, while also keeping an up-to-date record of the work performed.
- Experience operating a clearing saw or similar tools and equipment is required
- Experience performing pre-commercial thinning or similar forest management activities is an asset
- Ability to work effectively and safely in a forest environment
- Ability to work in a team and follow instructions
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with mapping and navigation is an asset