> Job board > Offer
Kapur & Associates is a well-established, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with a 40-year track record of delivering engineering, survey, site design, transportation, municipal, construction inspection, and construction management services to clients throughout the United States. Our team has expanded to encompass over 400 professionals, and we maintain multiple offices in Wisconsin, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
At Kapur, we’re looking for candidates who share our ALL-IN commitment to excellence. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about their work, have a strong work ethic, and are committed to delivering outstanding results. We value teamwork, and we are looking for individuals who are collaborative and enjoy working in a team environment.
Kapur is seeking someone to help facilitate right-of-way permit applications within the Madison Metro area for Madison Gas & Electric Company (MGE) utility projects. The position would provide support to the current Permit Coordinator and assist in daily activities such as reviewing permit applications from MGE engineers/designers, creating new permit applications that meet all requirements of the municipality, tracking the permit review and approval process, and filing permit applications electronically. Communication and coordination with MGE staff members and municipal representatives is required to keep projects on schedule.
- Provide support to Permit Coordinator and MGE designers to apply for, acquire, and file permit applications and approvals.
- Develop low complexity traffic control plans for utility projects.
- Maintain a shared inbox where permit requests are submitted by MGE as well as a spreadsheet to keep projects organized and track permit progress.
- Communicate with designers to fully understand what is required and help create permit applications to satisfy the needs of the project.
- Build professional relationships with municipal representatives in the Madison Metro area and surrounding townships by providing high-quality and accurate permit applications.
- Continue working with MGE to improve the workflow for the permit application process.
- Collaborate with traffic engineers to build proper traffic control plans for larger projects.
- Proficiency in the use of ArcGIS, Bluebeam (pdf editing software), SharePoint and other Microsoft Office products
- General understanding of traffic control procedures, ability to understand and breakdown construction plans, and other documents related to field work
- Ability to learn electric and gas systems and their components
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Fieldwork and site visits may occasionally be needed
- 1 or more years of experience in utility coordination, construction management, or related fields
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related field
- Experience with utility coordination on WisDOT or municipality projects
- General knowledge of electrical and gas systems and their components
- Understanding environmental implications of construction projects
Kapur is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer. We use E Verify to confirm the eligibility of employees to work in the United States.