> Job board > Offer
Lead Timing Architect
Status: Full-time/Permanent (C2C Contract-to-contract Unavailable)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
Work Schedule: Hybrid (3 days in office)
NextNav is running a groundbreaking location service for smartphones, IOT, and other devices – an ability to determine floor level altitude service across the country – a capability that does not exist at scale anywhere today! No longer constrained by legacy “flat earth” technologies, applications and users will be able to determine floor-level altitude, which is essential for navigation, user context and relevancy and many other applications that are used indoors. NextNav’s is the highest precision Z-Axis solution proven in the marketplace today and a person joining this team will have the ability to define the space.
In this position the employee will work on developing product requirements for receiving and distributing resilient timing using the NextNav terrestrial infrastructure and customizing for various critical infrastructure verticals such as Telecommunications, Electrical grid, financial sectors.
In this role, the employee will need to have a good understanding of limitations in the existing timing solutions in delivering the timing requirements for critical infrastructure to help define a product using NextNav technology. During the product definition phase, the employee will need to work closely with business development, engineering and the customer. During the implementation phase, the employee will need to work hands-on with engineering architects in discussing tradeoffs in cost in HW and SW in delivering a timing solution.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Ancilliary insurance
- 401k + 5% safe harbor match
- 15 PTO days per year, increases by years of company tenure
- $162k - $218k base
- Equity awards (vary by position)
- Year-end bonuses (vary by position)
This role is also eligible for participation in annual cash bonus and equity grants. The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, such as the candidate's skills and experience, and other business considerations.
- Work with business development and customers to understand the market product requirements
- Work with engineering teams to understand the technology capabilities and how to use the technology to create a differentiated product for the market
- Own the NextNav timing solution roadmap and architecture
- Develop a plan with program management for product delivery
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience as a timing architect / timing product requirement specification/definition
- Engineering background in timing products and architectures
- Should have experience in full product cycle from product definition, design, implementation, customer delivery
- Understand timing architecture of existing timing systems in Telecommunications, Electrical Grid, Data centers etc. Multiple domains will be a plus
- Understanding of timing sources such as GNSS as well as alternate sources of time and methods of distribution such as time-over-fiber, timing through LEO Satellites, timing through TWSTFT.
- Good understanding of timing over DWDM fiber, OTN, ITU timing standards (e.g. ITU-T G.8272, ITU-T G.8272.1), IEEE PTP v1/v2 (including GM, BC, TC), understanding of capabilities/specifications of commercial timing products/solutions , alternate timing sources, understanding of clock/oscillator (e.g. OCXO, SuperOCXO, Rb, Cesium) etc.
- Works well in a team environment
- Comfortable interfacing with the teams across multiple work sites including internationally
- MBA a plus
NextNav provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.