> Job board > Offer
VITO is an independent research organisation in Flanders in the field of cleantech and sustainable development. With our expertise and experience, we strive to make industrial production processes more efficient, productive and sustainable. Our innovations improve opportunities for raw material recycling, including from low-value residual and waste streams. Residual matrix materials are given a second life in or as new products. In this way, VITO aims to close material cycles. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Lab Technician .
Some of your tasks:
- You will contribute to the transition to a circular economy by developing innovative solutions to recover metals and minerals from residual flows and waste materials.
- As a lab technician, you will be part of the Waste and Recycling Technologies ( ART) team, which develops innovative processes for upgrading various waste streams into new raw materials and products. For example: recycling of batteries, characterisation of electronic waste, development of new cement substitutes, development of new binders (e.g. based on mineralisation of CO2).
- In projects for the recycling and materials industry, you are responsible for conducting experiments in our labs. You will apply various lab techniques, such as sample preparation, characterisation of raw materials (PSD, XRF, ....), physical separation tests (flotation, magnets,....), chemical extractions, hydrothermal reactions, thermal treatments, leaching tests, creation/testing of new building materials.
- You will work on behalf of the researchers and in close collaboration with your fellow lab technicians.
- You monitor environmental, safety and quality requirements and are able to translate technical assignments into MVK procedures.
- You hold a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Chemistry.
- You have a good technical background , experience in a laboratory and research environment are pluses.
- You are motivated to accurately set up set-ups and processes and you like variation and you work result- and solution-oriented.
- You are hands-on and, in addition, working in a lab environment appeals to you.
- You are a team player who can easily work independently.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
- An attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits such as internet, insurance and a flexible holiday package (legal leave + extra compensation days for a 40-hour week)
- A team of motivated colleagues, experts in their field, who will guide and support you where necessary and help you build up your own expertise
- Interesting research projects in which you will collaborate with partners from industry and academia on tomorrow's innovative solutions
- Creativity, teamwork and a strong focus on innovation are our trump cards! It therefore goes without saying that we offer our employees the opportunity to follow additional training courses to stay up-to-date in their field of expertise and further personal development.
- You will be part of an organisation with an international reputation for leading sustainable technological research.