> Job board > Offer
Imager Electronics Engineer
This role is an exciting opportunity to join the Imager Electronics team working on space missions from LEO to GEO and beyond. Engineers at SSTL have involvement on a mission from concept, through to AIT, launch, commissioning and operational life; a true cradle to grave experience and will give you the chance to see your work in Space in a rapid timescale! As part of the Optical Payloads group this role will promote close working with other members of the Optical Department as well as sitting within the core team of a satellite mission interacting with other technical leads across multiple disciplines to generate the technical solutions for innovative projects.
- Designing Imager Electronics for SSTL Optical Payloads
- Digital/Analogue hardware design for space environment.
- Schematic capture board level design.
- Circuit simulation where required.
- Design for manufacture/test.
- Test planning, test and verification of the design using software.
- Electronics Ground Support Equipment design
- Authoring of technical documents (including assembly & test procedures, reports and technical descriptions)
- Maintain technical solution, budget and schedule.
- System / subsystem level interfacing and trade-offs.
- Work closely in a core project team.
- 2-3 years’ experience of electronics design.
- Experience or desire to work with Image Sensors (CCD, CIS, uBolometers, MCT etc)
- Mixed Signal Design
- Experience of circuit level debug and test
- Scripting language such as Python, TCL or similar
- Knowledge of FPGA design in VHDL.
- Knowledge of Lab Test Equipment
Qualifications Knowledge & Skills
- A degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, able to influence, persuade and negotiate with people at all levels (externally & internally) as well as to assist in reaching compromises when there are conflicting requirements
- High degree of organisation, self-motivation and initiative
- Good team working skills, together with the ability to interface with others at all levels
- Good presentation skills and customer facing skills
- Results orientated with a strong drive to deliver
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Pro-active and able to take initiative
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Highly organised with clear communication skills
- Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects
- Able to work autonomously and using own initiative
- Excellent inter-personal skills - both written and oral communications; ability to interface with customers and technical representatives
- Decision making and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and deliver both immediate and longer term tasks
- Proven ability to deliver solutions under pressure and to tight timescales
- Good knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project
- Able to demonstrate company mindsets and behaviours; Be accountable, Drive & delivery, Communicate effectively, Self-manage effectively, Work as one team
SSTL prides itself on being a super flexible company. The role is based in our Head Office in Guildford but we fully support hybrid working and a range of flexible working options.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes; 32 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, Private Medical & International Travel Insurance, Annual Bonus Scheme, Share Incentive Plan, Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental Pay for new parents, High Street Discount Scheme and many more!