> Job board > Offer
Hardware Development Lead
Tomorrow.io’s Space & Sensors team is responsible for the development of unique RF and acoustic-based sensing systems, such as radar, radiometer and sonar, from architecture through implementation. The team is also responsible for the development of corresponding spacecraft and constellations in support of Tomorrow.io’s Operation Tomorrow Space, which will collect data to be integrated seamlessly into our existing forecasting and modeling systems, revolutionizing global weather intelligence.
We are looking for a Hardware Development Lead to join a cutting edge, multidisciplinary team to help us execute complex development programs. Applications include, but are not limited to, weather and climate remote sensing, navigation and situational awareness, as well as enabling the most capable weather intelligence platform in the world. As a Hardware Development Lead at Tomorrow.io, you will play a critical role in both leading and contributing to cutting-edge hardware development through all phases of the development cycle: requirements gathering and definition, design, development, prototyping, implementation, verification, testing, integration, calibration, and documentation.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary engineering team to define and implement features to the Software Defined Radar (SDR) to support Space and Terrestrial Sensor missions.
- Develop and document hardware requirements and specifications of digital hardware and systems.
- Design, document, implement, simulate, and test new hardware designs including planning and estimation of the required tasks.
- Work closely with Systems and Radar engineers to verify feature implementations.
- Lead and functionally manage a multi-member development team in successfully executing against the company priorities.
- Perform design reviews, code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback.
What you bring:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering with multiple roles open at varying levels of seniority and experience. 10+ years minimum relevant experience or M.S. degree in electrical engineering or related discipline with 8+ years minimum relevant experience.
- Experience working with complex systems involving multi-disciplinary technical teams with coupled Digital HW, RF HW, and SW and development for space, aircraft, and/or unmanned platform applications.
- Experience with large FPGAs (Xilinx Ultrascale, Xilinx Ultrascale+, RTG4, et cetera) and high-speed Multi-Gbps transceivers and designing of their copper transmission paths (JESD204, PCIE, 10GigE, et cetera).
- Experience working with Altium circuit design and layout tool packages (or similar complex development tools) and industry standard simulation tool packages.
- Experience with signal integrity analysis for printed circuit board layout implementing high-speed buses such as: JESD204, PCIE, DDR3/4 interfaces, et cetera.
- Ability to work in an agile environment with changing priorities. Utilize Agile methodology to track work progress and keep team members informed. Familiarity with Atlassian tools is a plus.
- Experience being an effective technical team leader with skills in managing and maintaining team execution against company priorities.
- A proactive attitude and the ability to follow-through on commitments.
So if your passion is to design a cutting edge next-generation RADAR to provide weather intelligence to the world and have fun while doing so, then this team is for you.
If you have reached this point and you are super excited but not sure you check all the boxes - we still want to speak with you! Your passion is priceless. Other things can be learned.
This position requires access to technology that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Accordingly, this position is restricted to U.S. citizens, permanent residents and protected individuals unless and until any required licenses are obtained.
Tomorrow.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Tomorrow.io participates in the E-Verify program in all US states, as required by law.
At tomorrow.io we have established a workplace culture that values fairness and equal opportunities and we believe it is crucial for fostering a positive and productive environment. Regularly reviewing and adjusting pay practices to align with legitimate drivers of pay, such as job level, geographic location, and performance, demonstrates a commitment to maintaining equity within the organization.This commitment to ongoing assessment and improvement is key to creating a workplace that is not only diverse and inclusive but also fair and just. Anticipated salary range for this role is $140K-$180K subject to local market and candidates skills and experience. Comprehensive health benefits, unlimited paid time off and other benefits included.
Relocation assistance may be offered/available for certain roles.
Tomorrow.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tomorrow.io is helping Countries, Businesses and Individuals better manage their Climate Security Challenges. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency. Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
Space: In case you have not heard, we are also going to space with our Operation Tomorrow Space initiative. We are building the first-of-its-kind proprietary satellites equipped with radar, and launching them into space to improve weather forecasting technology for everyone on Earth.
Ethos: Our ethos guides us in everything we do - The people of Tomorrow are here to make an impact, they show true grit, and always put people first.
How we roll: We believe that magic happens when people work together. The People of Tomorrow take ownership with a bias for action. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego, and empathy. The People of Tomorrow have a can-do attitude, are resilient, and curious. They are growth oriented, value people striving to be experts, and love to have fun. Here, your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We have flexible hours and unlimited vacation days policy. The People of Tomorrow show empathy, mutual respect and work as one diverse team. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.ve that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.