> Job board > Offer
GIS Specialist III
This is a fully remote position based in Florida.
Our client is the nation's leading provider of public safety location intelligence. They combine high quality locally authoritative maps with verified, curated additional supportive map data and live location content into a single, consolidated service that can feed into any public safety mapping application to ensure the right data is provided to Emergency 9-1-1 call centers and emergency responder applications at the right time.
The GIS Specialist III is primarily responsible for developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS data for public safety use. The GIS specialists work on a variety GIS analysis, GIS data development, GIS data maintenance and data preparation for use in public safety GIS systems and regularly communicate project status to our customers so customer service is a key component of the GIS Specialist position. GIS Specialists work closely within functional teams to deliver GIS data and GIS services to our public safety clients across the United States, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, customer commitment, sense of urgency, and continuous improvement. Travel as required, less than 15% of hours for the position on an annual average.
Essential Job Duties:
Develops and updates map data for use within public safety GIS solutions.
- Develops and edits GIS data layers using Esri based GIS applications.
- Travel to customer sites to collect and verify GIS data layers through visual confirmation. Interview residents and businesses as needed.
- Monitors and assures quality control on assigned projects.
- Solicits information from clients needed to build, update, or cleanup GIS data layers.
- Participates or leads in customer communications as part of ongoing project management.
- Reports to the GIS Manager or Project Manager on the overall status of map development and map cleanup projects.
- Monitors overall schedule for map data deliverables and reports needed changes to GIS Manager, Project Manager, GIS project team lead if needed.
- Accountable to forecast remaining project hours for assigned project tasks and reporting to GIS Manager or assigned Project Manager.
Analyzes and reports on the suitability of GIS map data for use within public safety GIS solutions.
- Analyzes map data and databases using visual techniques and Esri based tools to determine any issues that may exist that could impact public safety response time.
- Documents and reports on issues determined through QC analysis and assists clients in interpreting the results as needed.
- Supports the GIS Managers and proposal team by analyzing and documenting map issues for internal GIS map cleanup pricing.
Prepares GIS map data for use within public safety GIS solutions.
- Prepare and configure Esri map documents and address locators for use within company and Business Partner public safety GIS solutions.
- Follow Esri best practices to ensure the map is configured for optimized performance.
- Prepare documentation for the Implementation team documenting any map nuances that impact the way the software works.
Maintains and manages GIS map data and databases required for public safety.
- Maintain effective and consistent communication with clients.
- Processing and completing assigned GIS cases on or before case due date to ensure contractual Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met while maintaining effective communication concerning case status.
- Provide GIS support to clients as it relates to effectively managing map data for public safety purposes.
- Maintain base maps that are used within public safety GIS based solutions.
- Maintain Master Street Address Guides (MSAG) and provide Address Location Information (ALI) database support.
- As assigned, assist with creating GIS map builds as well as provisioning map data to public safety GIS based solutions.
- Perform regular quality assurance and scheduled quality control checks on map data layers.
- Assign addresses and assist clients with addressing questions. Notify residents and businesses of addresses as required.
Deliver GIS Training Service
- Be able to train clients on the use of ArcGIS for Desktop to manage GIS data used within public safety solutions.
- Implement GIS data management solutions (e.g., ArcGIS for Desktop, DMS, Discrepancy Viewer).
- Train clients on the use of our GIS data management solutions (e.g., DMS GIS Data Manager, MSAG Manager, Mobile Manager, Discrepancy Viewer, Web DMS/GIS Change requests).
- As needed attend or lead training via webinars or on-site visits.
Essential Universal Job Duties:
- Consistently meets and exceeds team Key Performance Indicators (KPI) around project delivery, budget, and customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for resolving customer and project issues in a timely manner; promptly involving a GIS Manager or Project Manager when necessary.
- Ability to monitor and report on progress toward completing GIS services for assigned projects.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all software required to complete job duties (e.g., Esri software applications, DMS, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Maintains knowledge of all of our software applications and services.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of all public safety system components.
- Participate in continuous improvement, including active participation in kaizen events, trainings, and workshops.
Universal Job Duties:
- Improves self in any way possible to enhance job performance.
- Promotes the Company, its Mission, Core Values, programs, and achievements to the public and its employees.
- Core Values:
- Customer Commitment
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Sense of Urgency
- Empowered Accountability
- Functions as a team member by assisting, supporting, and encouraging other employees in any way possible.
- Performs related work as required, willingly, and eagerly.
- Meets deadlines as required.
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Maintains a neat and organized work area.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in GIS and/or other four year degree with GIS minor or 2 year degree with 7+ years of GIS public safety or GIS experience
- Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in GIS or other 4 year degree with GIS minor, Relevant ESRI Technical Certifications
- Required Certifications: ENP, GISP
- Preferred Experience: 5+ years GIS public safety (NG911) and GIS experience
Training and Experience:
- Demonstrated effective and reliable communication skills.
- Proficiency using Esri software.
- Ability to present technical and public safety GIS concepts to customers.
- Knowledge of of our software offerings and functionality.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to finish project tasks/cases on time, within budget, with high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to lead work both independently and with team members to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
- Be able to act as project coordinator/project manager when required.
- Ability to perform highly responsible assignments requiring experience, judgment, and discretion for effective completion with appropriate communication
- Ability to successfully mentor/train individuals within the organization as well as off-site customer trainings
- Provide reliable support to proposals and sales including proposal development, possible on-site visits, sales presentations etc.
- Ability to create and maintain process documentation.
- Valid Driver’s license