> Job board > Offer
This position may be located out of our Chicago or Lisle, IL office (Hybrid)
Does working with a team who engages in geotechnical engineering for industrial infrastructure, transportation systems and energy facilities sound interesting to you? Patrick Engineering, A RINA company, is seeking a Staff Geotechnical Engineer on its growing team to serve in a key role performing and coordinating a variety of field tests and investigations for engineering design.
Under the supervision of a Project Engineer or Manager, this Staff Geotechnical Engineer will perform geotechnical field investigations and assist with foundation design, slope stability evaluations, and seepage studies. This Engineer provides support evaluating lab test data, preparing boring logs, and writing technical reports. Success in the role involves collaboration with other engineers on a project team, maintaining effective communication with team members, other internal departments, subconsultants, drilling firms, testing laboratories, suppliers, and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform geotechnical and environmental sample collection of soil and water.
- Perform logging of soils and collection of data during subsurface investigation programs.
- Assist with compiling and reviewing data and providing evaluation and interpretation of data.
- Perform engineering analysis and develop environmental and geotechnical reports in accordance with standards and specifications.
- Observe and implement safety and security procedures in accordance with Company policy.
- Perform and assist with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree with a concentration in Geotechnical or Geological Engineering or Geology, or equivalent studies.
- Relevant internship or 1+ year of related work experience
- Familiarity with computer-aided design software and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering (AutoCAD, GIS, Google Earth, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of geotechnical software (gINT, SLOPE/W, SEEP/W, L-PILE, GROUP, etc.) a plus
- Fundamentals of Engineering/Geology license preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
- Local and occasional overnight travel to and from project sites will be required based on business needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
To continue the expansion Patrick has experienced over the past 40 years, and to capitalize on the recent acquisition made by global corporation RINA, Patrick is planning for significant growth in North and South America. RINA is a worldwide engineering consultancy firm that provides an expansive range of services across the energy and mobility, marine, infrastructure, real estate, and industrial sectors. Patrick focuses on working with clients in the infrastructure, transportation, technology and renewable energy sectors throughout the entire process of project delivery - from planning and controls, comprehensive management services and construction, through to operations and maintenance. Combining forces with RINA presents an exciting opportunity to attract talented and multicultural people and to expand both our worldwide footprint and service offerings in new markets and application sectors.
Join our team and work on rewarding projects in a dynamic, multicultural and energizing environment that reaches beyond geographical and cultural boundaries. Patrick’s new status as a part of RINA provides opportunities for partnering with global clients, training to further advance your competencies and support your personal career development. Join us to make Patrick and RINA more successful than ever before by bringing your contributions developing innovative solutions to complex problems, delivering our mission and achieving the challenging goals we have set for ourselves. If you share our values and our vision, please apply. Make it sure, make it simple.
Patrick does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Patrick without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Patrick. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics, military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.