> Job board > Offer
Geographic Information Systems Consultant
Due to our continued success, we are looking for additional GIS Consultants to join our Professional Services Team. If you are passionate about GIS and would like to use your expertise to help our customers to be successful with Esri software, please apply today.
We are looking for people who already have some experience working in a GIS role, if you are a recent graduate then please consider applying to our Graduate Programme
As a GIS Consultant working across a range of projects and market sectors, you will be hands-on role working with geospatial technology. Key responsibilities include:
- Understand our customers and their business : Talk to our customers, become familiar with their key business processes, their data and how GIS can help them be more successful
- Use your knowledge and expertise : support our customers’ projects via the implementation, configuration and use of GIS and related technologies, delivering innovative geospatial solutions.
- Innovate: work with the latest technology, contribute to innovative projects, explore technology trends such as real-time GIS, big data analytics, 3D, and digital twins
- Collaborate: share your expertise with the team, to support customers and deliver projects.
- Deliver customer success: help our Sales teams identify new opportunities where GIS can add value to our customers businesses.
- Continuously learn and develop : be aware of changes to GIS technology, finding new ways it can be used to solve our customers’ real-world problems.
This would be a great career move if you are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about GIS and Information Technology and
- Have worked with ArcGIS or similar and have a solid understanding of how geospatial technology works across web, desktop and mobile platforms.
- Can clearly communicate technical ideas to both technical and non-technical colleagues and customers
- Are motivated and resourceful, taking the initiative to resolve issues
- Would like to work with the latest cloud, data and web technologies
- Can build great business relationships, evaluating and translating our customer’s business goals, objectives, and strategies into technical plans and solutions
- Are curious, inquisitive, and enthusiastic about problem solving
- Hands-on experience of working with technology to solve geospatial problems is essential. Knowledge of databases, developer, web and cloud technologies is also helpful.
We will reward you with:
- A good basic salary (starting from circa £30k+ rising with experience) plus a generous bonus scheme paying up to 20% per annum
- Great training and development opportunities
- Pension, healthcare scheme, wellness initiatives
- Flexible working – we all work flexibly. You can be home or office based (Aylesbury, Edinburgh and Cambridge) or a mixture of both. We work virtual-first with most of our customers, however some travel to customer sites will be required. We are happy to consider full and part time applications
- Corporate Social Responsibility & volunteering opportunities to support charitable causes of your choice
Please apply online on our website www.esriuk.com, including your CV and covering letter detailing your salary expectations
Application deadline: 31st January 2024
A little more about us
Esri UK uses mapping technology to help our customers solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. We support governments, universities, businesses and charities worldwide to save money, improve society, and protect our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri UK is a thriving and inclusive workplace. We take pride in our culture and recognise the value our people bring. We believe in creating a balanced and flexible work/life environment and invest in learning and development at all stages of an individual’s career.
Esri UK are an equal opportunity employer - we recognise the importance and value of having a diverse and inclusive workforce and the benefits that this can bring to both our employees and our customers
NO Agencies please