> Job board > Offer
Geographic Information System Developer
We are looking for a GIS Developer to work on-site in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, alongside our client, providing application support. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and organized individual with excellent communication skills. This candidate should be able to work with the client on their needs and application development, as well as thrive in a high-energy environment. The candidate should be able to work without significant supervision, be independently motivated, outgoing, diplomatic, detailed, schedule-driven, and accountable.
This is NOT a remote position.
The GIS Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting the Program Services section with the administration and maintenance of on-premises ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online.
- Serving as the point of contact for various GIS projects/assignments.
- Assisting the Program Services section with maintaining the GIS applications, servers, layers, and feature classes.
- Attending requirement gathering and GIS coordination meetings.
- Defining project tasks and executing on those tasks.
- Completing other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience and bachelor’s degree or equivalent computer programming experience required.
- Knowledge of SQL and Python is required.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online Administration, Esri desktop tools like ArcCatalog, ArcMap, and ArcPro, multi-user environments and Version Management with ArcGIS, and mapping and working with spatial data is required.
- Ability to work with existing ArcGIS databases, datasets, and applications to develop an understanding of their use and integration capabilities.
- Ability to develop solutions to ArcGIS needs using a combination of tools including app builders (ArcGIS Instant Apps, ArcGIS Dashboards, ArcGIS StoryMaps, and ArcGIS Experience Builder).
- Ability to work with FDOT ArcGIS Users developers, etc.