> Job board > Offer
Full Stack Software Engineer (23-1-006)
About Solenix and our qualities
Solenix is a privately owned and international company providing engineering and consulting services in the space market, with branches in Germany, Switzerland, and Italy.
We are known for high-quality services, user-oriented solutions, reliable partnerships and constructive collaboration. Our customers include space agencies such as ESA, EUMETSAT and DLR, as well as large private sector companies.
Solenix is specialized in distributed systems and client applications and applies modern technologies with a focus on high-performing, robust and light solutions.
Why should you apply?
- Solenix is a group of motivated, dynamic and creative people who enjoy high-quality work, as well as a relaxed and flexible work atmosphere.
- You can expect a friendly working environment, exciting and challenging projects and varied team events.
- Solenix focuses on solution-oriented and innovative approaches.
- You can look forward to benefits like: hybrid-work concepts, training opportunities, unique community spirit, company events, social clubs, retirement, and health insurance plans. If you want to know more then go to: www.solenix.ch/career.
We are actively seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our dynamic Engineering Division based in Germany. This role places a significant emphasis on web and cloud development, necessitating a solid comprehension of backend architectures in Java and the Spring Framework. Proficiency in cloud technology and services is equally crucial for success in this role. We envision this position as a full-time opportunity tailored for seasoned software engineers, requiring a minimum of four years of pertinent experience.
As a full stack software engineer you will be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle in software projects providing advanced support to spacecraft operations during critical phases. You will work closely with other members of the Engineering Division in Germany, Italy and Switzerland. This role has a lot of potential for career development, including growing involvement and responsibility in the company activities.
Solenix is an independent and international company providing engineering and consulting services in the space market. Among our customers are space agencies like ESA and EUMETSAT but also key players from the private sector.
We are specialised in distributed systems and client applications, using modern technologies with a focus on high performing, robust and light solutions. Our Engineering Division is a group of motivated, dynamic and creative people who enjoy high-quality work, as well as a relaxed and flexible work atmosphere.
If you are passionate about software technologies, enthusiastic about space, and you want a versatile role in an international and distributed team, this is the position for you!
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Sciences, preferably with a focus on software engineering
- 4 years of professional experience as software engineer
- Pro-active attitude with initiative and interest in challenging solutions
- Excellent communication skills in an international environment
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written particularly in technical documentation
- Knowledge and practical experience in the following technologies is required:
- Java 11+ with Maven and/or Gradle
- Spring (Boot, Framework, Data, and Security) applied to Web applications
- OpenAPI and RESTful Services
- SQL Databases (PostgreSQL and/or MariaDB)
- Relevant Network Protocols (TCP, HTTP, DNS…)
- Cloud technology with focus on storage services
- Angular, and related tools (NgRx, NPM, webpack…)
- Experience with Cloud Environments
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Continuous integration environments and source control management systems and their respective tools, e.g. GitLab and SonarQube
- Developing in Linux/Unix environments
- Docker and Docker-compose
- User interface/experience design
- Python (and Django)
Darmstadt, Germany and/or in home office with regular meetings in Darmstadt.
We follow a hybrid scheme, which means you are expected to work two days per week at our office or more if you like), and on the remaining days you can work from home.
Applicants must be EU citizens or have a valid work and residence permit for the above-mentioned work location. Security, identity, and reference checks on the candidates are part of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline: 29 February 2024
Start of Work: As soon as possible
Grow with us and become part of our Solenix family. We look forward to welcoming you. Make the change and apply now!