> Job board > Offer
What it's like to work at Landmark:
We're a friendly, dynamic and supportive team. We encourage passion, ambition and collaboration, both in our performance as a team and individually. New ideas are encouraged. We actively promote involvement in the development and direction of our products and services, as well as finding more efficient ways to work. We also love a good work social and team building events. As well as this we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday, with optional 5 days unpaid leave per year
- Free parking
- Annual lifestyle allowance of £300 to put towards an activity of your choice
- Cycle to Work scheme and Gym Flex scheme
- Internal coaching/mentoring system throughout your time here
- Focus on training and career progression
- Family friendly policies
- Happy to talk about flexible working
The Finance Assistant is responsible for ensuring the accurate, timely posting of information on the finance system. You will have the opportunity to rotate your role, working within different finance teams (cashiering, purchase ledger, credit control. Etc.) to gain experience across the department and develop your career in finance.
The role will involve:
- Importing daily records of cheques/BACS/other electronic transfers.
- Electronically filing remits and correspondence.
- Allocating cash to the correct sales/purchase invoices in the finance system.
- Processing customer refunds and returned cheques.
- Processing employee expensing using SAP concur, ensuring the company expense policy is adhered to and that VAT is correctly reclaimed.
- Generating payment runs using Financial Force, ensuring that due items are paid in a timely manner.
- Supporting the rest of the Finance team during busy periods/holidays.
To be successful in the Finance Assistant role you will be someone who comes from a similar background, or you will have a strong interest in building a career in the finance industry. We are looking for someone with a strong attention for detail and the confidence to learn.
You will also have/be:
- 5 GCSEs, including Maths & English Language (A-C) or equivalent.
- Recent accounts experience, including operation of electric accounting systems.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with internal and external contacts.
- Strong reconciliation skills to identify issues and a methodical approach to resolving them.
- Proactive task management, using initiative when prioritising own workload, and remaining flexible to quickly assist colleagues with priority work whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Basic Excel skills, with the ability to sort and filter data, and use simple formulae.
- Working understanding of the double-entry accounting principle.
- Knowledge of VAT rates – Desirable
Landmark Information Group holds a wide portfolio of market leading PropTech businesses that span an incredible range of markets and technology platforms across the sector. With well-known application suites, online services and massive national scale property data as well as premier geospatial datasets we are at the forefront of innovation and thought leadership in the industry.
We deliver award-winning solutions to estate agency, conveyancing, surveying, lender valuations, land asset management, environmental consultancy, and Government markets. This is a chance to join the business as we make major steps forward in leveraging the latest cloud and large-scale technologies to start bringing together the entire market to a unified platform.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.