> Job board > Offer
Join the Growth Story at Envitia
Envitia is a digital services and software company that solves complex data challenges. Our mission is to empower organisations to harness the full potential of data to help build a better world.
With deep technical expertise borne out of 35 years of geospatial data heritage, Envitia is a leading provider of consultancy, engineering and software to help clients drive business impact from data. Our primary markets are Defence, Public Sector and CNI. We work with any customers with data challenges and complex digital environments.
Why we are different? We bring the agility and customer focus of an SME, combined with the credibility and expertise earned from 35 years of solving complex data problems in high-trust environments.
As part of Envitia exciting growth plans, our Architecture CoE is expanding and we are looking for an Enterprise Architect to join our growing team.
The Enterprise Architect Consultant role will work with our customers to translate their business strategy into business change and technical delivery.
As an Enterprise Architect, you will have the opportunity to provide support to a wide range of projects in the defence and public sector markets. Your help our clients to enable them to get the maximum benefit from their technology investments, and in doing so play a key role in nationally critical projects.
With expertise architectures across the Business, Data, Applications and Infrastructure domains, you will also have an understanding of the technologies and operational processes required to achieve this. You will provide high-value strategy, business analysis, technology and procurement consultancy to ensure any solution aligns with the business aspirations.
Your position as an Enterprise Architect Consultant means that your role will involve significant stakeholder engagement, dealing directly with our clients, including in resolving day-day issues involved in assignment delivery and developing follow-on opportunities, so client relation management and interpersonal skills as essential for the role.
- Supporting our clients to understand their requirements to deliver their business transformation programmes.
- Develop architecture views to describe all aspects of a client's organisation including its Business, Applications, Data and Infrastructure.
- Identification of the gaps in the enterprise solutions framework and development of solutions for these gaps
- Definition, documentation and education of key architecture principles and ways of working
- Development of Architectural Solutions in accordance with customer policies and external standards
- Performance of appropriate governance activities ensuring overall implementation governance, architecture compliance and conformance to the Target Architecture
- Horizon scan for new technologies and trends that can improve the performance of our clients, providing practical advice and best practices to deliver improved business performance.
- Balance commercial perspectives alongside technical drivers to ensure the proposed enterprise architecture is fit for purpose given the business objectives.
- Experience working as an enterprise architect within a consulting environment, leading engagements with a variety of clients.
- Experience in setting strategic technical and business direction for clients.
- Experience developing enterprise architecture governance processes.
- Confident at bridging the gap between the technical and non-technical, mediating between people and communicating with stakeholders at all levels to build a consensus.
- C-Suite level stakeholder management skills demonstrating relevant leadership experience.
- Enterprise and Technical Architecture development and review using EA frameworks and methods e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, ArchiMate, etc.
- Experience working in the either the public sector or defence markets would be an advantage.
Security Clearance Requirements
The successful candidate will be required to go through an SC security clearance.
What it's like to work at Envitia
We are a business which lives by its values. You will join a growing team who are friendly, dynamic, and supportive. We encourage passion, accountability, and collaboration, both in our performance as a team and individually. New ideas are encouraged. Envitia runs regular social events where it’s a real opportunity to network and grow together as a business. As well as this we offer:
- 25 days’ holiday plus birthday off
- Flexible working environment
- 2 charity and fundraising days each year to get involved in projects important to you
- Private healthcare and life assurance
- Free parking when onsite
- Enrolment into the company’s bonus scheme
- £20 month towards a gym or health club of your choice