> Job board > Offer
EMEA Sales Engineer
3-GIS is used by companies worldwide to transform how they plan, design, construct, and support their fibre networks. Our web-based network management software and engineering services give our customers the information they need to expedite their time to revenue, create integrity in their data, and inform business decisions throughout their entire organisation.
To help support the growth of 3-GIS, the Sales Engineer will support the sales process by demonstrating the 3-GIS product capabilities and they are used globally to support our customers needs. Additionally, the Sales Engineer will be responsible for maintaining custom configurations of the 3-GIS Network Solution to address and solve specific customer problems. This position is often called upon to deliver and demonstrate knowledge of the ESRI technology stack including but not limited to ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Pro and other GIS-based solutions.
This position is preferably located in Switzerland with travel to Bern office at least weekly to be expected. The market that this role would cover is Europe and the Middle East, with a need and expectation to travel several times a year to these locations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Present solutions which tell the story of using the 3-GIS Network Solution, including product demonstrations, scripts, videos, storymaps, and other documents.
- Position the 3-GIS Network Solution to perspective and existing customers to demonstrate the business value of the solution.
- Provide 3-GIS sales team instruction and proper positioning guidance on product functionality, usage and new features.
- Gather and assess prospective customer’s problems and align solutions to them utilizing the 3-GIS Network Solution.
- Install, upgrade, configure and manage the 3-GIS Network Solution & ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise software in support of pre-sales activities.
- Consult with clients on new projects and implementations of software and services.
- Provide technical support for both pre-sales customers and 3-GIS staff on the 3-GIS Network Solution.
- Support and maintain documentation on market needs gathered during sales interactions.
- Outside Plant Fiber Knowledge (preferable).
- 1-3 Years’ Experience in the telecommunications & GIS industry (Preferable).
- Pre-sales experience/aptitude.
- Degree in Geography, Computer Science, a related field, and/or equivalent work experience. Relevant certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Willingness to travel (up to 30%).
- Consistently detail oriented, organized, and quality focused.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate issues and potential solutions effectively.
- Ability to adjust working hours to support meetings/presentations for sales opportunities worldwide.
- A demonstrated track record of being able to work independently.
- Takes the initiative to learn new things.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals.
- Confident, engaging, winning personality that can enthusiastically showcase SSP’s products by telling stories that consist of utility workflows, where the product is simply an enabler of the work.