> Job board > Offer
Aistech Space is focused on generating affordable, recurrent, high resolution thermal imagery of the planet to provide a new perspective of Earth’s changing resources. The company is based in Barcelona and aims to revolutionize remote sensing for environmental monitoring and resource management.
What you will do:
Aistech Space is looking for an entry-level Satellite Electronics Engineer to be part of the Space Infrastructure Team in charge of designing, analysing, integrating and testing new electronic subsystems for the new satellites of our constellation as well as developing the highest-tech payloads electronics.
This new position offers the opportunity to rotate through each development engineering phase: design and analysis, integration and testing of satellite hardware.
In this role, you are expected to deal with suppliers, bureaucratic paperwork, and coordination of internal personnel to build a real satellite and/or terrestrial hardware.
You will also be responsible to follow internal standards and good practices in terms of project management (Jira), documentation (Confluence) and time management (Tempo) following an agile approach in your daily work.
The key objectives to be achieved during the rotational period are:
- Understand Aistech Space’s mission objectives.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of our satellites and payloads.
- Be part of the different Space Infrastructure Teams in different phases: design and analysis, integration and testing.
- Be part of the negotiation team, working closely with our partners and suppliers, understanding their proposal and adjusting it to our objectives.
- Keep the best communication between internal teams: ground segment and operations, applications and business development
- Recommend the adoption of new technologies, products, and services.
- Be proactive writing your own code when needed, follow internal standards, make it testable and document it properly.
Who you are:
- BSc/MSc in Electrical Engineering or relevant degree.
- Open minded and extrovert, active learner and tolerant to criticism.
- Strong knowledge of hardware design, specially on PCB development, communication technology and/or ground sensors integration.
- Experience in electrical analysis to support the designing phase.
- Experience conducting functional tests at PCB and system level.
- Experience in DC/DC converter design, Power Supply System design, Power electronics design, interfaces with satellite/IoT components (CAN, I2C, RS422/485, LoraWan, GSM, etc).
- Experience in the design with digital components (microcontroller, FPGA, ADC, DAC, etc).
- Experience in Altium Designer.
- Experience in soldering and debugging electronic prototypes.
- Knowledge of instrumentation for laboratory testing.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Fluent in English.
Where you will be:
You will be working in the Barcelona HQ in Sant Cugat. We are open to some remote days per month, to be evaluated on a case by case basis