> Job board > Offer
Added: February 20, 2024
Use your electrical engineering skills to design and build electro-optical systems to push boundaries for NASA and DoD. Fibertek is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our Herndon, VA location to contribute to the development of laser products within our R&D team. By taking on both short and long-term projects, you will use your versatility to bring uncharted laser research to the aerospace industry. You will work within a collaborative environment while empowered to make decisions in your area of expertise. You will have a manageable workload, and have the benefit of both your team and senior leadership support. In developing, verifying, and upgrading the electronics in Fibertek's electro-optical systems, you will handle a wide range of engineering tasks, including circuit board development, firmware (FPGA & CPU) development, cable/harness design, and documentation. This will also include board and system-level integration and testing and troubleshooting. You will work on multiple concurrent projects, with a mix of small, short, quick-turn projects and more extensive, long-term projects.
Pożądane umiejętności i doświadczenie
- BSEE with 2-8 years of applicable work experience.
- Experience with circuit board design, integration, and troubleshooting.
- Comfortable working hands-on and will participate in field tests and experiments.
- Experience using electrical lab equipment as part of embedded system development.
- Experience developing hi-rel military and/or space-flight electronics
- Experience with FPGA/CPLD design, simulation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with embedded CPU/Microcontroller firmware development, integration, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with LIDAR systems