> Job board > Offer
Director of Sales Operations & Enablement
Director, Sales Operations & Enablement
BlackSky is a real-time intelligence company. We own and operate the world's most advanced space-based intelligence platform and provide customers satellite imagery, automated analytics and high-frequency monitoring of strategic locations, economic assets and events from around the globe. BlackSky is trusted by the most demanding allied military and intelligence organizations and commercial companies to deliver foresight into critical matters that affect national security and the economy. BlackSky's data enables governments and businesses to see, understand and anticipate change as it happens, giving them the ultimate strategic advantage so they can act quickly. Our global team works with cutting-edge technology to make a difference around the world and prides itself on being people-first, customer-focused and fun.
Sales operations and sales enablement are sometimes used interchangeably, in your sales operations capacity you will be responsible and work behind the scenes to ensure the teams have the tools to drive and increase sales productivity, and in your enablement capacity, define and implement an impactful onboarding program, training content, buyer-facing marketing collateral in conjunction with the marketing teams that addresses leads at various stages in the buyer journey and performance analysis to identify and resolve gaps across the sales force.
While the locations listed in the job posting are ideal, we would love candidates near our Herndon, VA corporate headquarter. We may also consider remote candidates in certain states or strong candidates in the United Kingdom. This reports to the Senior Vice President of Global Sales.
- Create and manage an enablement program for the sales teams including: Training, sales toolkits, onboarding process and materials, contract support, customer handover and customer success planning.
- Work with sales leadership to develop organizational goals, manage, monitor and report performance by direct sales team, by region and channel partner sales.
- Oversee the sales opportunity pipeline and sales forecasting, participate in regular pipeline review meetings, opportunity win-loss analysis support, internal win reports & announcements.
- Manage and oversee sales data management, dashboards & reporting. Assist sales teams with MBR, QBR and Executive Leadership report requirements.
- Continuous improvement in streamlining and optimizing the sales process.
- Partner in selecting, implementing, and managing sales automation tools.
- Implement and manage sales methodology, deal review and approvals, price approvals processes working with other functional teams implementing operational efficiencies and processes to support rapid business growth.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders and leaders in Marketing, Operations, Engineering, Legal and Product to align best practices to drive growth.
- Manage Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and CRM data integrity.
- Lead Generation Management (SDR/BDR) by performing Lead reach out and coordination to pass over to sales, and continual tracking and reporting on lead metrics.
- Ensure all event leads are collected and uploaded in the CRM are categorized, and assigned to BD/Sales leads.
- Contribute towards sales incentive plan structure and process.
- Manage and oversee new sales team member onboarding and orientation.
- Lead a team of sales operations professionals.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- At least 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Proficient in Excel and experience in publishing/designing reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, data analytics, or another relevant field
- Ability to work independently in a matrixed environment by carrying out all assigned duties and responsibilities, including additional tasks as needed to help achieve the overall goals of the Sales/BD department. Demonstrating leadership and managerial level skills on a daily-basis.
- Prior Sales, Business Development, Proposal, Operations, or Growth professional experience.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to ensure seamless operations and information flow across leadership and sales team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, meet deadlines, and deliver results.
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on unstructured datasets and complex system issues, and projects.
- Build, deliver, and reinforce sales trainings and new processes on a routine basis. Be the go-to person for delivering process guidance across all of Sales.
- Experience with Zendesk Sell or Salesforce (CRM).
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition & Global Defense & Commercial Sales (industry experience). As a global company, international exposure would be great.
- Power BI or Analytic-base system knowledge and experience.
- BDR and Lead Generation experience.
- Experience building and managing internal informational systems such as Confluence, SharePoint, or Atlassian.
- Experience building sales focused training, GTM planning, and project management.
Life at BlackSky for full-time US benefits eligible employees includes (UK benefits vary):
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, group term life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- BlackSky pays 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental and vision and contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses!
- 15 days of PTO, 11 Company holidays, four Floating Holidays (pro-rated based on hire date), one day of paid volunteerism leave per year, parental leave and more
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Employer matching donations
- Professional development
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome swag
The anticipated base salary range for candidates in Seattle, WA is $140,000-155,000 per year. The final compensation package offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on specific background and education. BlackSky is a multi-state employer, and this pay scale may not reflect salary ranges in other states or locations outside of Seattle, WA.
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: