> Job board > Offer
Director of Business Development, Europe
Director of Business Development, Europe
BlackSky is a real-time intelligence company. We own and operate the world's most advanced space-based intelligence platform and provide customers satellite imagery, automated analytics and high-frequency monitoring of strategic locations, economic assets and events from around the globe. BlackSky is trusted by the most demanding allied military and intelligence organizations and commercial companies to deliver foresight into critical matters that affect national security and the economy. BlackSky's data enables governments and businesses to see, understand and anticipate change as it happens, giving them the ultimate strategic advantage so they can act quickly. Our global team works with cutting-edge technology to make a difference around the world and prides itself on being people-first, customer-focused and fun.
As BlackSky continues to grow, we are looking for a driven business development individual to join our international business development team in Europe! This position will report to the Head of Sales, Europe and UK. Strong preference is for candidates should be located in the UK but open to certain countries within Europe.
- Work with internal division technology leaders and key internal stakeholders in the division on sales opportunities setting sales strategy, tactics, proposals, and negotiations for new product solutions as well as coordinating qualified new business capture and sales with government agencies commercial customers, systems integrators, and prime contractors.
- Lead sales capture efforts for advanced programs and new technical solutions for the customer that align to the business growth strategies of the division.
- Lead penetration strategies to gain additional sales with all major government agencies, commercial customers, systems integrators, and prime contractors by facilitating contacts to achieve sales objectives.
- Provide quarterly forecasts to management, and monthly forecasts within the current quarter.
- Responsible for market growth and expansion and recruiting the necessary talent to cover the territory.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelors’ Degree in business or an engineering field.
- At least ten years of experience working with international defense and intelligence customers.
- At least ten years of experience in the geospatial, ISR, or analytics industry.
- Full-cycle direct business development experience with a concentration in technical and/or government sales (this does not include sales support, account management, program management or engineering experience).
- Exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills.
- The ability to perform top quality presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English.
- Strong organizational skills as a good time manager and effective multi-tasker.
- Superior complex problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Master’s degree in engineering/technology field or MBA.
- Experience managing opportunity pipeline in Zendesk, Salesforce or other similar CRM.
- Experience in multiplate international defense and intelligence agencies and joint assignment and NATO.
- Multilingual in a European language in addition to English.
Life at BlackSky for full-time benefits eligible employees includes :
- Insurance including medical, dental, vision, disability, and more
- Paid leave and holiday time
- Pension matching
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome swag
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf