> Job board > Offer
SatSure is a deep tech, decision Intelligence company that works primarily at the nexus of agriculture, infrastructure, and climate action creating an impact for the other millions, focusing on the developing world. We want to make insights from earth observation data accessible to all.
As a Decision Scientist, you will play a crucial role in aligning data-driven solutions with business objectives, driving decision-making optimization, and fostering a culture of data-driven business solutions. This role requires a deep understanding of statistical learning, hypothesis formulation, and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Understanding business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress.
- Identifying improvements for DS/ML models used in production and identifying new opportunities working closely with clients.
- Collaborating with different teams and working together to identify and influence change to adopt optimized decision-making solutions.
- Driving a culture of data-driven business solutions
- Study the interdependency of remote sensing-derived data with other auxiliary datasets.
- Collaborate with data scientists to provide input on study protocol, and design studies.
- Planning and implementation of data quality assurance plans.
- Keep updated on new developments and research in the field of statistical learning and quality assurance.
- Come up with metrics for measuring product improvements and own the reporting and tracking of them
- Framing proper hypothesis and designing proper experiment framework to test metrics
- Proactively seek out opportunities to build new solutions
Must have :
- Work experience of 3-5 years
- Proficiency in data manipulation and analysis using programming languages like Python or R, as well as database querying using SQL.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) and data preparation tools (e.g., Pandas, NumPy).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including expertise in statistical and machine-learning techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical findings into actionable insights for non-technical stakeholders.
- Business acumen and an understanding of the banking and finance industry, and agriculture domain knowledge is a plus.
- Attention to detail, a commitment to data accuracy, and a results-oriented mindset.
Good to Have:
- Past experience in team leading/management
- Past experience in working with business/product teams
- Experience in financial modeling, credit scoring
- Proven ability to communicate highly technical results to a diverse audience
Master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Business Analytics/Computer Science or equivalent
Modeling financial data, understanding of DS/ML modeling and operations research, decision support, business intelligence, analytical mind, and business acumen, strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra), creative informative data visualization skills.
It is indeed great to have gigabytes of data, and even more wonderful to build fancy neural networks on top of it. However, we at SatSure sincerely believe that it is the accuracy, speed, consistency, and quality in which the data-driven insights get translated to real-world decisions that will impact businesses. This is why we are seeking to build a talented Decision Science Team with expertise in DS/ML, Statistics, mathematical modeling, financial modeling, product management, and business intelligence.
- Opportunity to work on a unique and futuristic technology setup
- Work with a team that is grounded in values of empathy, problem-solving, integrity, customer focus, and ownership.
- Flat organizational structure and accessibility
- Additional allowances for learning, skill development, broadband; medical insurance cover, etc.