> Job board > Offer
Data Engineer (12 month fixed term contract)
What it's like to work at Landmark:
We're a friendly, dynamic and supportive team. We encourage passion, ambition and collaboration, both in our performance as a team and individually. New ideas are encouraged. We actively promote involvement in the development and direction of our products and services, as well as finding more efficient ways to work. We also love a good work social and team building events. As well as this we offer:
· Competitive salary
· 25 days’ holiday, with optional 5 days unpaid leave per year
· Free parking
· Annual lifestyle allowance of £300 to put towards an activity of your choice
· Cycle to Work scheme and Gym Flex scheme
· Internal coaching/mentoring system throughout your time here
· Focus on training and career progression
· Family friendly policies
· Happy to talk about flexible working
The Data Engineer will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Establish and understand the format, quality, content, and sources of data.
- Import data from multiple types of data sources.
- Create custom outputs for other team members based on custom SQL queries.
- Compare large datasets e.g. , postcodes and UPRNs.
- Create standard output requirements
- Feed into process and tools improvements.
Your role will involve:
- Analysis and import of datasets to establish how to convert data sources to standard schema via schema mapping.
- Run regular standard jobs to create dashboards and export files.
- Run SQL commands on imported data in a database.
- Maintain standard processes.
To be successful as the Data Engineer you will be an effective communicator, who has the flair to liaise with both internal and external customers and suppliers (in person, phone and email) to drive projects forward.
You will also have/be:
- Spatial analysis using GIS specialist software, e.g. , FME, ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, in particular FME
- Proficient with database programming languages such as SQL, R or Python.
- Building, managing and analysing large and complex reference datasets in relational database environments (e.g., PostGIS)
- Developing innovative algorithms and models for location/geospatial & address data to solve business problems (for example, address cleansing of customer data to provide an accurate address match)
Landmark Information Group holds a wide portfolio of market leading PropTech businesses that span an incredible range of markets and technology platforms across the sector. With well-known application suites, online services and massive national scale property data as well as premier geospatial datasets we are at the forefront of innovation and thought leadership in the industry.
We deliver award-winning solutions to estate agency, conveyancing, surveying, lender valuations, land asset management, environmental consultancy, and Government markets. This is a chance to join the business as we make major steps forward in leveraging the latest cloud and large-scale technologies to start bringing together the entire market to a unified platform.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.