> Job board > Offer
Business Development Professional - Government and Commercial
The Business Development Professional is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, selling, and closing new business deals to net-new named customers in the domestic and international geographies. This position also encompasses account and customer relationship management in order to develop account plans with new and existing customers. You will lead a designated territory of the market, analyzing accounts, prospects, and sale cycles.
- Manages account and Customer Relationship Management, Technology integration and test, and space-based data analytic subscription Revenue.
- Achieves or exceeds quota targets for both on-orbit test platform and space-based data
- Develops effective and specific account plans to ensure revenue target delivery and sustainable growth.
- Develop relationships in new and existing customers and leverage to drive strategy through organization.
- Leads designated territory, including accounts, account relationships, prospect profiling, and sales cycles, encouraging all accounts to become Sidus Space references.
- Develops and delivers comprehensive business plan to address customer and prospects priorities and pain points.
- Follows a disciplined approach to maintaining a rolling pipeline and keeps pipeline current and moving up the pipeline curve, leveraging support organizations including Marketing, inside sales, Partners, and channels to funnel pipeline into the assigned territory.
- Leverages Sidus Space Space-as-as-Service Solutions - proficient in and bring all Sidus Space offers to bear on sales pursuits including Industry Solutions, data analytic solutions and technology solutions through the successful execution of the sales strategy and roadmap.
- Supports all Sidus Space promotions and events in the territory
- Maintains White Space analysis and execution of initiatives (up sell and cross sell) on customer base.
- Accurately forecasts opportunities and orchestrate resources: deploy appropriate teams to execute winning sales including both Sidus Space and Partner resources
- Utilizes best practice sales models, understanding Sidus Space’s competition and effectively position solutions against them.
- Maintains CRM system with accurate customer and pipeline information.
- Ensures account teams and Partners are well versed in each account’s strategy and well positioned for all customer touch points and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field; Master’s degree preferred. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Required five to ten (5-10) years’ experience with government contracting guidelines.
- Five (5) years of experience in sales of complex business software, technology and/or IT solutions
- Proven track record in business application software and technology sales
- Experience in lead role of a team-selling environment
- Demonstrated success with large transactions and lengthy sales campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative, and competitive market
- Ability to leverage technology to manage team and customer communications effectively in remote environments