> Job board > Offer
Assistant Program Manager
Assistant Program Manager
BlackSky is a real-time intelligence company. We own and operate the world's most advanced space-based intelligence platform and provide customers satellite imagery, automated analytics and high-frequency monitoring of strategic locations, economic assets and events from around the globe. BlackSky is trusted by the most demanding allied military and intelligence organizations and commercial companies to deliver foresight into critical matters that affect national security and the economy. BlackSky's data enables governments and businesses to see, understand and anticipate change as it happens, giving them the ultimate strategic advantage so they can act quickly. Our global team works with cutting-edge technology to make a difference around the world and prides itself on being people-first, customer-focused and fun.
BlackSky is looking for a strong Assistant Program Manager to provide management and oversight of a highly integrated solution extending our product capabilities and delivering advanced geospatial data into customer workflows. The program requires both technical acumen in both imagery and analytics tasking, processing, and delivery systems management as well as familiarity delivering and supporting software in customer environments.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Technical Program Manager, this position is a hybrid role supporting our Herndon, VA and requires an active US security clearance (Secret at a minimum).
- Serve as the auxiliary contractual and technical interface to the customer team.
- Assist in managing and directing program personnel to successfully meet the objectives of the Customer and Program across a cross-functional technical team.
- Interact with the broader business and product development staff to ensure product and solution alignment.
- Coordinate regular updates across the business leadership communicating program execution and highlighting any risk or critical milestone objectives.
- Assist team in meeting work priorities and goals.
- Participate in scheduled and ad hoc meetings, and provide updates regarding the development and execution of program objectives.
- Organize and work collaboratively using Microsoft Office applications and other management tools.
- Other related tasks as required.
- At least five years of experience in program development or support.
- Prior experience delivering major embedded system(s) into a customer environment.
- Minimum of two years of experience leading cross-functional teams and communicating, controlling, and planning within a technical environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field.
- Strong knowledge of the architecture and design of multi-INT systems.
- Demonstrated experience with DoD and/or IC customers and processes; understanding of interfaces, system specifications and capability requirements; understanding of the geospatial intelligence mission; and systems engineering experience defining and documenting system capabilities.
- Concepts of Operations and documenting functional and performance requirements.
- Strong customer teaming and interfacing skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and translate ambiguity into clearly defined forward paths to achieve the desired and mutually agreed outcomes/results.
- Active US security clearance.
- Experience integrating tradition/non-traditional/emerging multi-INT sources into mission capabilities.
- Demonstrated success providing long-term, system engineering, and program management support to an international customer.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
Life at BlackSky for full-time benefits eligible employees includes :
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, group term life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- BlackSky pays 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental and vision and contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses!
- 15 days of PTO, 11 Company holidays, four Floating Holidays (pro-rated based on hire date), one day of paid volunteerism leave per year, parental leave and more
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Employer matching donations
- Professional development
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome swag
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: