> Job board > Offer
A little bit about the role:
ORBCOMM is looking for an Assembler to join our team on a temporary basis to help with assembly of telecommunication products.
- Performing repetitive tasks requiring manual dexterity and electronic & mechanical aptitude
- Responsible for a broad spectrum of tasks involved in the subassembly and final assembly of Orbcomm products
- Reading and following verbal instructions and documented work procedures
- Some lifting may be required (approx. 25lbs – 50 lbs)
- Experience with electronic components in in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Work experience in soldering, electronics, cable and mechanical assembly.
- Fine pitch SMT soldering/rework would be considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in assembly and manufacturing of electronic equipment
- Ability to read and understand assembly documentation, BOM’s, etc.
- Knowledge of proper ESD handling practises
- Automated test of Orbcomm devices
- Provide feedback to engineering staff in terms of manufacturing non-conformances, manufacturing difficulty, etc.
- Willingness to learn and be adaptable.
- Highly competent in the use of assembly tools, crimping tools, automated equipment, and multimeters, with good hand-eye coordination for small sensitive components
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Well-organized, team player with good communication skills
At ORBCOMM we hire for fit. We look for candidates that are serious about their careers and hold the same level of enthusiasm for building a world class company that we do.
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM is a pioneer in IoT technology, empowering customers with insight to make data-driven decisions that help them optimize their operations, maximize profitability and build a more sustainable future. With 30 years of experience and the most comprehensive solution portfolio in the industry, ORBCOMM enables the management of over a million assets worldwide for a diverse customer base spanning transportation, supply chain, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources and government. For more information about how ORBCOMM is driving the evolution of industry through the power of data, visit www.orbcomm.com.