> Job board > Offer
The Analytic Methodologist will provide services to National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) under the upcoming GEO-SPI B contract. Axim is currently soliciting and hiring multiple highly qualified candidates for this role, contingent upon contract award and Government funding of this program.
Role: Analytic Methodologist
Location is flexible: NGA offices in Springfield, VA
- Travel up to 15% of the time
- Develop and apply methods to add rigor and precision to intelligence analysis and collection
- Support NGA analysis through statistical, econometric and mathematical assessments; geospatial modeling; or operations research
- Communicate findings via a broad range of written intelligence products and briefings
- Identify and evaluate a wide range of existing methods, models, and algorithms to develop more accurate, complete, objective, and anticipatory analysis for intelligence production
- Support the development and application of analytic methodologies to facilitate the full range of analytic tasks from organizing and exploiting data to modeling probabilistic judgments
Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Remote Sensing, Earth or Physical Science, Data Science, or Engineering or Mathematics Training.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of applied data analytics and/or data management experience.
- Military service may count towards professional experience.
- Experience in the Intelligence Community (IC) introducing documented analytic methodologies
- Experience implementing and executing methodologies to achieve specific outputs
- Experience with geospatial data types, data visualization, including matrix analytics, network analytics, or graphing data
- Knowledge of advanced analytic methodologies
- Knowledge of intelligence operations and GEOINT phenomenology
- Knowledge of Activity-based Intelligence (ABI), Structured Observation Management (SOM), automation, scripting, data analysis, and a GEOINT methodology to help integrate statistically sound data analytics into GEOINT-based decision making
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer support skills
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Existing TS/SCI with ability to obtain and maintain a Counter-Intelligence (CI) Polygraph
Competencies & Skills:
- Ability to develop algorithms and analytic techniques, created customized exploitation and visualization methodologies or new products
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in data mining, cleansing, and exploring spatial, temporal, and non-spatial data in both structured and unstructured formats
- Ability to identify and learn the essential elements of information of an intelligence problem, identify sub-processes and dependencies, location process disfunction, develop alternative processes or analysis, share expertise with analysts, and document approaches and methods for GEOINT analysis
- Knowledge of standard and non-standard NGA reports including, but not limited to NES remarks, NIBs, and GEOINT Notes
- Programming, scripting or analysis skills in Python, IDL, MATLAB, or R
- Application of SOM solutions including GOWK, GERT, and STARE
- Proficiency using GEOINT services including GovCloud, Amazon Web Services, C2S
- Keen attention to detail
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite