> Job board > Offer
Air Quality Analyst
Founded in 1981, AKRF is an award-winning consulting firm with 300 professionals bringing the value of strategic thinking to our land development, transportation, energy, and water clients. We serve our clients through a commitment to technical excellence across our portfolio of professional services, while always acting with integrity and fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and environmental stewardship. Offices are located throughout New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, and Connecticut, and the company completes projects around the country.
Professionals join and remain at AKRF for our values that balances signature projects with social impact initiatives, charitable giving, and flexibility that’s important to our people. Most importantly, you can be yourself at AKRF. Our firm fosters a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where employees are respected and valued in honor of their identities and bring their whole self to work. We strive to deliver on this promise every day.
Our Air Quality team is seeking a full-time entry-level Air Quality Analyst, who will be based out of our New York City office.
- Perform air pollutant emissions estimation.
- Conduct air dispersion modeling analyses using various software packages.
- Provide air permitting/compliance support.
- Conduct occasional field visits/site work, including set up and maintenance of air monitoring equipment and collection of measurements.
- Prepare environmental studies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or environmental science, Masters preferred.
- 0-3 years minimum experience.
- An understanding of air dispersion theory and/or experience with various dispersion models is preferred.
- Experience with mobile and stationary source air quality simulation modeling (AERMOD, AESCREEN, MOVES, etc.).
- Experience using air sampling or monitoring equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel) as well as CAD and GIS software.
- Strong hands-on spreadsheet development and comprehension skills.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments and meeting strict deadlines.
- Disciplined, self-motivated, with exceptional attention to detail and technical accuracy;
- Ability to work well both independently and in teams as needed.
Compensation will range from $65,000K to $75,000K and commensurate with experience.
AKRF enforces a policy of equal employment opportunity in our daily operations. The firm has a demonstrated history of hiring, training, developing, promoting and retaining minority group members and women. All employment-related decisions are based solely on relevant criteria and without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, caregiver status, military/veteran status or citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.